3B rankings for the rest of the year ... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

3B rankings for the rest of the year ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 3B rankings for the rest of the year ...

Postby bigh0rt » Sat May 22, 2010 11:32 am

lastingsgriller wrote:and if you bring up position eligibility, I will say 3rd is just as shallow and I will counter with age and potential to get better..

you'll still lose.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Inukchuk » Sat May 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Padsin05 wrote:its spelt

MCGEHEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most hilarious part of this sentence is that 'McGehee' is the only word you managed to spell correctly.

:-b
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby HighHeater » Sat May 22, 2010 1:05 pm

I still think Zimmerman is under rated. I'd take him over every other 3B aside of Longoria. Give me Zimmerman any day over Arod, Wright and Reynolds
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby rookies and cream » Sat May 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Zimmerman over ARod? Please explain...
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby HighHeater » Sat May 22, 2010 3:14 pm

rookies and cream wrote:Zimmerman over ARod? Please explain...

while i dont think he will match Arods power for the next two seasons i do think he will match or exceed his average. I play in general dynasty/keeper formats and i think Zimmerman is a .300-30-100 type on an annual basis for the next 4-5ish years. I think in some he may his with a higher average of .330 with lower power numbers in the 25 range but some he'll touch maybe 40 and be at .290.

Mind you this all pertains to a downward climb i see Arod continuing. For a player who came to the bigs at 21 Zimmerman has met and exceed his expectations. He was touted as the next Scott Rolen with questionable power(was a doubles/gap hitter) but that can tend to lead to home runs during a players maturation process as they age. He has been on a steamy improvement aside of the year he had wrist injuries.

To me his defense is without in question he'll never move off the hot corner and his bat is now among the elite imo. I'll end this on a side note as to why i think he has passed Wright by suffering to the earlier post on Why David Wright doesn't look right.
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Tiki1311 » Sat May 22, 2010 11:27 pm

gnarboots11 wrote:Longo is the #1 pick in fantasy baseball at this point. #1 overall.

Lets see what June and July bring for Longo first. He had a crazy good April/May start to last year as well, only to come back to earth for the rest of the season.

His 2009 April + May numbers were: 65 for 199 (.327), 38 runs, 13 HRs, and 55 RBI. After that, he didn't hit above .260, have more than 5 HRs or 15 RBIs in a month again until September. Plus this is his first year running this much, and the Rays haven't had a team slump yet that will suppress all of their numbers.

He's a great player, but not #1 overall.... not yet anyways.
Tiki1311
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers