3B rankings for the rest of the year ... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

3B rankings for the rest of the year ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 3B rankings for the rest of the year ...

Postby thejusman1 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:19 pm

DbacksRback wrote:cbs does rankins for "rest of season"
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... =page_body


I will never respect any rankings website that has its 1B rankings as..

1. Joey Votto
2. Albert Pujols
...
14. Miguel Cabrera

or its 2B rankings as

1. Ben Zobrist
2. Chase Utley
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2815
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 3B rankings for the rest of the year ...

Postby thatguy27 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:20 pm

thejusman1 wrote:
DbacksRback wrote:cbs does rankins for "rest of season"
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... =page_body


I will never respect any rankings website that has its 1B rankings as..

1. Joey Votto
2. Albert Pujols
...
14. Miguel Cabrera

or its 2B rankings as

1. Ben Zobrist
2. Chase Utley


I agree the rankings suck, but I don't think they're that bad... I think that is for the next 7 days. Granted, that's still bad, but you have to click on rest of the season to get the actual rankings - again, still awful.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: 3B rankings for the rest of the year ...

Postby kaiser » Fri May 21, 2010 3:19 pm

At the risk of hijacking the thread: CBS rankings, and their general, overall fantasy advice, is so bad that it is almost comical. Stay away at all costs.
Image
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 5554
(Past Year: 305)
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Genco Olive Oil Co.

Re: 3B rankings for the rest of the year ...

Postby DbacksRback » Fri May 21, 2010 3:41 pm

thatguy27 wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:
DbacksRback wrote:cbs does rankins for "rest of season"
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... =page_body


I will never respect any rankings website that has its 1B rankings as..

1. Joey Votto
2. Albert Pujols
...
14. Miguel Cabrera

or its 2B rankings as

1. Ben Zobrist
2. Chase Utley


I agree the rankings suck, but I don't think they're that bad... I think that is for the next 7 days. Granted, that's still bad, but you have to click on rest of the season to get the actual rankings - again, still awful.


yea there is a next 7 days and rest of season tab. Either way the rankings are terrible just threw it out there becasue it's what was asked for. ;-D
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
(Past Year: 57)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 3B rankings for the rest of the year ...

Postby mkultra » Fri May 21, 2010 4:39 pm

gnarboots11 wrote:Longo is the #1 pick in fantasy baseball at this point. #1 overall.


Is this a joke? He's arguably the top 3B the rest of the way, depending on how you feel about Arod, but are you seriously going to pick him ahead of these guys?

Pujols
Hanley
Kemp
Braun
Utley
Halladay
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1339
(Past Year: 41)
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: 3B rankings for the rest of the year ...

Postby kaiser » Fri May 21, 2010 4:57 pm

mkultra wrote:
gnarboots11 wrote:Longo is the #1 pick in fantasy baseball at this point. #1 overall.


Is this a joke? He's arguably the top 3B the rest of the way, depending on how you feel about Arod, but are you seriously going to pick him ahead of these guys?

Pujols
Hanley
Kemp
Braun
Utley
Halladay


I was wondering the same thing. I don't take Longoria in front of anyone on that list.
Image
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 5554
(Past Year: 305)
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Genco Olive Oil Co.

Re: 3B rankings for the rest of the year ...

Postby baseball77 » Fri May 21, 2010 5:19 pm

kaiser wrote:
mkultra wrote:
gnarboots11 wrote:Longo is the #1 pick in fantasy baseball at this point. #1 overall.


Is this a joke? He's arguably the top 3B the rest of the way, depending on how you feel about Arod, but are you seriously going to pick him ahead of these guys?

Pujols
Hanley
Kemp
Braun
Utley
Halladay


I was wondering the same thing. I don't take Longoria in front of anyone on that list.


Agreed although I'd switch Halladay with Cabrera. I'd take Longo over Halladay but not over MCab.
baseball77
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 210
Joined: 30 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 3B rankings for the rest of the year ...

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri May 21, 2010 5:42 pm

well.. I did put the sarcasm ;-7 face on when I QFT'd his comment..



but in all seriousness. Longoria is a freak show. we'll see how the rest of the year plays out.

what is it about Utley that is better than Longo?

Utley is about a .290 hitter, about 30 hr, about 100 RBI, about 15 steals..

Longo will probably surpass every one of those numbers this year.

and if you bring up position eligibility, I will say 3rd is just as shallow and I will counter with age and potential to get better..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3882
(Past Year: 172)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

Re: 3B rankings for the rest of the year ...

Postby The Mighty Trow » Fri May 21, 2010 9:22 pm

I wouldn't be shocked if someone from the future told me Longoria winds up with the numbers to go 1st overall next year. Hanley and Pujols, maybe even Arod will likely carry the day based on name recognition.

For the rest of this year, i like the following 3Bs to outperform their pace to date:

Zimmerman, Ramirez, Beltre, Sandoval, Lopez, Figgins, Teahan

I think everyone else at the position should continue to perform at or about the pace they're at.
Image
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1550
Joined: 22 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 3B rankings for the rest of the year ...

Postby Padsin05 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:04 am

its spelt

MCGEHEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in all seriousness, I would take Longoria over any pitcher period.

Id take him around no 5 overall, and this is coming from a guy who had him ranked 15th overall going into the season, so I wasnt all that high on him

in a redraft

Heyward
Pujols
Braun
Cabrera
Hanley
Longoria
Kemp

;-7
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1540
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 23:46 hours
(and 96 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact