Rate My Team (H2H 8 Team league) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate My Team (H2H 8 Team league)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate My Team (H2H 8 Team league)

Postby MarinersFan21 » Wed May 19, 2010 11:19 am

I'm the league manager in a head 2 head league with 8 teams total the roster max is 20 players. I'm currently 1-5 and in 8th of 8. Also, I'm considering picking up Stephen Strasburg, but I'm not sure how early to pick him up, since others may try to get him. I don't want to do it now though, because I need the pitching points from my current players. Anyway, here's my roster:

C Kurt Suzuki
1B Prince Fielder
2B Jose Lopez
3B Chone Figgins
SS Jimmy Rollins
SS/2B Rickie Weeks
1B/3B Derek Lee
LF Raul Ibanez
CF Jason Heyward
RF Ichiro Suzuki
DH Aubrey Huff
UTIL Torii Hunter
Bench Carlos Pena
Bench Nick Swisher

P Tim Lincecum
P Josh Beckett
P Ubaldo Jimenez
P Cole Hamels
P Francisco Liriano
Bench Chad Billingsley
MarinersFan21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate My Team (H2H 8 Team league)

Postby MarinersFan21 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Forgot to mention this league is Head to Head points. So i'm just looking for the most total points to win during each weekly matchup.
MarinersFan21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fdny92 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:33 am

I like your team.... maybe pick up a hitting SS and 2B.....that will get you sum more points. Weeks K's a lot.... if your league counts K's I would def. shop around for another SS... Weeks K's a lot and does not steal that many bases either... If a middle inf to me is not stealing bases to get in scoring pos to be driven in...then he better be hitting & driving in runs. Say like an Uggla, Utley,Tulo, Jeter, Andrus.
Lopez....ain't cutting it so far this season either.... especially in a fantasy league.

Good Luck
Reinstate Pete Rose.... Rose belongs in the HOF!!!
fdny92
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MarinersFan21 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:54 am

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately all the players you listed for SS/2B are taken. Andrus may be available, I don't know, I'll have reply back with a list of FA's currently available later. I drafted Alexei Ramirez, and he was costing me points everyday, so I added Weeks. Do you have any opinions on me picking up Strasburg now? I don't want him to get taken, but I feel like I can't sacrifice that extra start from my pitchers (but now Beckett is DL15). Could I afford to have Strasburg sit there, until he plays even though I'm 1-5? I was considering dropping Beckett for Strasburg, because Beckett hasn't done well and he's now hurt. Thanks.
MarinersFan21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fdny92 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:52 pm

I would jump on Andrus asap!.... If he is available.

As far as Strasburg.... He is unproven as of now...He could be a bust. I hope not.... I like to see young monster pitchers like him be a great success for their teams, but again he is unproven... believe me their is a big difference between the bigs and AAA. I like to see young players get a chance to play....so if you are high on him go for him. It's a double edge sword... if you don't pick him up he will get picked up by another team and you will kick yourself in the arse if he is a monster....and you do not want to have him just sit on your roster and not be in the bigs and bringing you in any points.

Maybe get ride of Beckett...start Billingsley and put Strasburg on the bench. I like Billingsley.... the Dodgers produce runs....he will get you more points right now that Beckett I believe.... Beckett's head ain't right...When your over thinking...it takes a while to break that.... He will come back though....maybe in the second half of the season.

Good Luck
fdny92
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MarinersFan21 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:11 pm

well thats frustrating..Strasburg was picked up late last night. I didn't know about it. Man that makes me mad. Andrus is still available, should I switch him with Weeks? Also, do you know of any other pitchers that I could add in place of Beckett? He's just not cutting it. I'd love to find another young prospect like Strasburg that may potentially break out.
MarinersFan21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MarinersFan21 » Thu May 20, 2010 4:40 pm

I'm thinking about picking up Derek Holland (SP) along with Andrus in place of Weeks. I've been trying to research young pitchers expected to do well and I have read in a few places some people have Holland ranked above Strasburg. He is already in MLB and has done well so far.
MarinersFan21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MarinersFan21 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Bump
MarinersFan21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fdny92 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Get Andrus NOW!

Try Leake of the Reds....I like him. Young guy who came straight to the bigs from college. The Reds are high on him as well as every baseball analyst.

There is SIlva of the Cubbies and ya got Talbot of Cle or Kuroda of the LAD.

Good Luck!
fdny92
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MarinersFan21 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:21 pm

I've got Andrus..he'll be on my team tomorrow. I'm not so sure about Leake...idk how long he can keep pitching well. Or maybe he's the real deal. I do live near Cincinnati so I hear alot about him.
MarinersFan21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team