Hanley: "I don't respect my manager" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hanley: "I don't respect my manager"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Hanley:

Postby soty » Wed May 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Update on Rotoworld.

During an appearance on WQAM in Miami, Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez said he "would be surprised" if Hanley Ramirez is not back in the starting lineup for Wednesday's game against the Cardinals.
"It's going to get resolved one way or the other today," Gonzalez said during the interview on Wednesday morning. "I would be really surprised if he's not in the lineup today. We'll take care of it and he'll be in the three hole and playing shortstop." Gonzalez said Ramirez didn't apologize to the team during Tuesday's flight to St. Louis, something that the Marlins' skipper had previously said would need to happen in order to secure his return to the lineup.
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hanley: "I don't respect my manager"

Postby brock middlebrook » Wed May 19, 2010 4:10 pm

I've lost respcet for HR, but Gonzalez comes off like a big jerk too.
brock middlebrook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby garf112 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:36 pm

I don't understand how Gonzalez comes off as a jerk here. He sets the rules. You need to follow the rules.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby skjelstrom » Wed May 19, 2010 5:44 pm

I just want to see Hanley traded. As unlikely as it is I would love to see him on a team that can compete.

I know, I know it won't happen.... :-C
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby thejusman1 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:49 pm

brock middlebrook wrote:I've lost respcet for HR, but Gonzalez comes off like a big jerk too.

Not really seeing how Fredi is coming off as a jerk... the manager can't allow exceptions for prima donnas... at least not publicly.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed May 19, 2010 9:11 pm

he is back in the lineup tonight (allready 2 for 2) so i guess he must have apologized?
i wonder if this gets swept under the rug for now, until the next time Hanely decides to do something.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby brock middlebrook » Thu May 20, 2010 9:26 am

thejusman1 wrote:
brock middlebrook wrote:I've lost respcet for HR, but Gonzalez comes off like a big jerk too.

Not really seeing how Fredi is coming off as a jerk... the manager can't allow exceptions for prima donnas... at least not publicly.

He's not treating his players as professionals.

Hanly fould a ball of of his ankle -- maybe he was trying to protect himself from serrious injury. At that point you take him out of the game fine, but to turn the whole thing into a public pissing contestbis a bad move.

In dealing with star atheletes, you need to follow the Phil Jackson model, not the Andy Reid model.
brock middlebrook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rib217 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:20 am

brock middlebrook wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:

He's not treating his players as professionals.

Hanly fould a ball of of his ankle -- maybe he was trying to protect himself from serrious injury. At that point you take him out of the game fine, but to turn the whole thing into a public pissing contestbis a bad move.

In dealing with star atheletes, you need to follow the Phil Jackson model, not the Andy Reid model.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Gonzalez didnt make this into a public pissing contest....Hanley did! Gonzalez did what a manager should do, confront a player who was dogging it and benched him. Hanley then publicly cried and said he lost respect for his manager and ripped on teammates, Gonzalez then again did what a coach should do and say, hey this guy should apologize to his team for disrespected everyone in the organization.
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby sox 06 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:42 pm

skjelstrom wrote:I just want to see Hanley traded. As unlikely as it is I would love to see him on a team that can compete.

I know, I know it won't happen.... :-C

I wouldn't mind seeing him back in Boston :-L
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Captain Furtah » Thu May 20, 2010 3:06 pm

How about in Detroit. I know Adam Everett would be tough to part with but...oh yeah Everett sucks!

C Crosby, S Sizemore and G Nunez or Turner, Schlereth and Fields? 3 of the top 10 Tigers prospects including number 1...get on the horn Dombrowski - haha, in my dreams!
Bleachergm.blogspot.com
Captain Furtah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers