Hanley: "I don't respect my manager" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hanley: "I don't respect my manager"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Hanley: "I don't respect my manager"

Postby StlSluggers » Tue May 18, 2010 9:10 pm

That pic is cracking me up, and Hanley sure is coming out of this looking like a worthless jerk.

Okay, not worthless. But definitely a jerk.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby baseball77 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Hanley has always had an attitude problem. In addition to the Uggla incident and the incident last night, he showed up to spring training last year in a plain white t-shirt with "I'm sick of this shit" written in permanent marker on it. He was referring to Gonzalez forcing the players to cut their hair and not wear jewelry on the field. This is what he said in response to Gonzalez's rules about hair and jewelry: "I'm angry," he told reporters. "I want to be traded ... It's incredible. We're big leaguers."

Here is the story about the spring training incident: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Marlins-find-themselves-in-a-hairy-situation-wit?urn=mlb,151033&cp=10
baseball77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed May 19, 2010 9:31 am

today at razzball.com
Hanley Ramirez said he wasn’t lollygagging after the ball. I see his point. You can’t chase after the ball. You kick the ball to the curb, neg it then hope the ball comes back to you. That’s Pickup Artist Rules 101. Hanley was benched yesterday and now there’s talk he may get traded. Fredi said, “We don’t want the game played like that in front of our fans.” Insert your “There are no Marlin fans” joke here. I don’t think he’s traded away. In fact, I think all this shizz blows over in a day or so. What are the Marlins going to do? Trade away their best player? As someone in the audience of Jerry Springer might say, “Pay first month on that puh-lease.” Fredi Gonzalez will be out of job before Hanley gets traded. Hanley being Manny and the Marlins will learn to deal with it.

is there really talk that he may be traded?
if the Marlins are taking calls i imagine a bunch of teams are calling to find out what it would take to get him. i cant see them trading him. some might say the Marlins would fire manager Gonzalez before they trade Hanely, but then does that really fix the problem which is Hanely?
doubtful he is traded, but what do the Marlins do?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby JRAMI » Wed May 19, 2010 10:03 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:He's a young talented athlete who has likely been handed everything in life because of that talent. Nothing to see here IMO.

Yeah ,he was totally handed everything in life and didnt earn it. What a dumb comment.
The guy was born in the dominican poor raised my his one income family which his father fixed cars for a living and they basically sacrificed everything to get him through baseball.
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby k.k. » Wed May 19, 2010 10:09 am

baseball77 wrote:Hanley has always had an attitude problem.

This is true. He's being a real puss about this current situation.

In addition to the Uggla incident and the incident last night, he showed up to spring training last year in a plain white t-shirt with "I'm sick of this shit" written in permanent marker on it. He was referring to Gonzalez forcing the players to cut their hair and not wear jewelry on the field. This is what he said in response to Gonzalez's rules about hair and jewelry: "I'm angry," he told reporters. "I want to be traded ... It's incredible. We're big leaguers."

I've got to side with Han-Ram here though. I hate that crap, especially about the hair. They are adults with their own styles and personalities, let them be.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed May 19, 2010 11:07 am

JRAMI wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:He's a young talented athlete who has likely been handed everything in life because of that talent. Nothing to see here IMO.

Yeah ,he was totally handed everything in life and didnt earn it. What a dumb comment.
The guy was born in the dominican poor raised my his one income family which his father fixed cars for a living and they basically sacrificed everything to get him through baseball.

Wow.....crazy, sounds a lot like regular people that you see and meet every day. Funny thing is, most of them aren't born with a god given talent, make a ton of money and decide to crap on their teammates, fans and bosses after being handed a fat contract. Go ahead and feel sorry for him though.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Skin Blues » Wed May 19, 2010 11:49 am

Come on, it's not like he went to Harvard and spent his weekends at the Yacht Club. Not even from a poor family in the US where he could take out a student loan and go to college. He busted his ass to be a good ball player and make it out of poverty. That doesn't excuse his behaviour, or mean that anybody is feeling sorry for him, but it isn't meant to. It means you were wrong saying he was handed everything in life. He still needs his mom to slap some sense into him, though.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby JRAMI » Wed May 19, 2010 11:50 am

I was referring to your point of saying he was handed everything in life. He wasnt born with a silver spoon in his mouth . My point was that you made a dumb comment on his being handed everything in life when clearly that isnt the case. He grew up dirt poor and earned everything just like most people.
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed May 19, 2010 11:53 am

this is one of the tweets on twitter
@BaseballGuys
RT @joecapMARLINS: Fredi Gonzalez.: Hanley has not apologized yet to team on plane or hotel. "I think he will do the right thing." #marlins

he hasnt yet apologized. manager thinks he will do the right thing, which is apologize? ..and what if hes doesnt? didnt Hanely allready say he WONT apologize? if he continues to refuse to apologize does Gonzalez continue to sit him? should Hanely just apologize just to get back in the lineup?

i dont blame Hanely for being upset over the rule of cutting hair/jewelry. i think i can understand not wanting players to have some big necklace dangling which could get caught or cause something to happen, but couldnt a player just make sure a necklace is under the shirt? i doubt any players are going to be going Mr.T out there.
i understand why certain teams want players to cut their hair, to look more professional and business like.. but these are baseball players not executives. they should be able to have their hair how they want.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed May 19, 2010 12:08 pm

lol....I mean, if you want to be literal, then yes he hasn't been handed EVERYTHING in his life. But how far does that extend? Great, he earned his way to the majors, but this sense of entitlement he's displaying in this situation obviously shows that he doesn't appreciate any of the rewards that others have given to him.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers