Hanley: "I don't respect my manager" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hanley: "I don't respect my manager"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Hanley: "I don't respect my manager"

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:36 pm

He's a young talented athlete who has likely been handed everything in life because of that talent. Nothing to see here IMO.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Captain Furtah » Tue May 18, 2010 1:15 pm

They obviously need to fire the manager. How dare he embarass the star of the team. I mean he eventually got the ball right, what more does he want?
Bleachergm.blogspot.com
Captain Furtah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tony Micelli » Tue May 18, 2010 1:44 pm

thejusman1 wrote:That's just inexcusable, I'm sorry. I lost a little respect for Hanley, to be honest. It doesn't matter if hustling or not hustling would have made a difference... you don't give up on your teammates, period. Just another primadonna ball player who thinks his stud abilities allow him the excuse to be an idiot.

Agreed 100%. And it's not right to call out your manager like that ... saying you lost respect for him, because YOU didn't hustle, really?
Remember me?

Who's the Boss?

Oh Yeah ...
Tony Micelli
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ensanimal » Tue May 18, 2010 2:36 pm

Tony Micelli wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:That's just inexcusable, I'm sorry. I lost a little respect for Hanley, to be honest. It doesn't matter if hustling or not hustling would have made a difference... you don't give up on your teammates, period. Just another primadonna ball player who thinks his stud abilities allow him the excuse to be an idiot.

Agreed 100%. And it's not right to call out your manager like that ... saying you lost respect for him, because YOU didn't hustle, really?

But Fredi didn't play in the big leagues!
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby NotAmused » Tue May 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Wow, I've lost a lot of respect for Hanley after this situation and reading that article about Uggla and other teammates calling him out.
NotAmused
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Mighty Trow » Tue May 18, 2010 3:37 pm

yeah this sours my opinion of Hanley a bit. never realized he had issues in the past, though I knew about the Uggla thing and it escaped my mind.

maybe management will grow tired of clubhouse antics and ship him off to a contending team. one can wish... :-b
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby shmolex » Tue May 18, 2010 4:03 pm

CharlatanSin wrote:Image

;-D
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 18, 2010 5:55 pm

i think you have to factor in Ramirez fouling a ball off his ankle in the previous inning.
lets assume for a minute his ankle was bothering him. now lets assume while running after the ball he did hustle to get the ball, and while doing so in some way hurt his ankle further causing him to miss an extended period of time. do you think people would have then said, well maybe Hanley should not have ran as hard on his allready sore ankle?
i can understand the manager afterwards in the dugout questioning Hanely for not hustling after the ball, but at that point if Hanely had said that his ankle was bothering him and he didnt want to hurt it further then maybe the manager should have accepted that reasoning and not been so upset.
if Hanely's ankle was completely fine then i think this is a different story. some might say then why was Hanley even in the field if his ankle was that bad, but playing SS you dont assume your going to be running that far. as the best player on the team if he had came out of the game after fouling the ball off his ankle some might have questioned his toughness, so cant blame him for remaining in the game.
now we have a story bigger than it should have been.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue May 18, 2010 6:43 pm

If he was worried about injury, he shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. Based on his past actions, I have a hard time believing that he's telling the truth in saying he was trying his hardest. He's had a history of dogging it going back to his minor league days in the Boston system. It's too bad because he has all the talent in the world, but after reading this story and seeing some informed opinions on him, it sounds like he's a douche who is totally out for himself.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Thursday » Tue May 18, 2010 8:39 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:i think you have to factor in Ramirez fouling a ball off his ankle in the previous inning.
lets assume for a minute his ankle was bothering him. now lets assume while running after the ball he did hustle to get the ball, and while doing so in some way hurt his ankle further causing him to miss an extended period of time. do you think people would have then said, well maybe Hanley should not have ran as hard on his allready sore ankle?
i can understand the manager afterwards in the dugout questioning Hanely for not hustling after the ball, but at that point if Hanely had said that his ankle was bothering him and he didnt want to hurt it further then maybe the manager should have accepted that reasoning and not been so upset.
if Hanely's ankle was completely fine then i think this is a different story. some might say then why was Hanley even in the field if his ankle was that bad, but playing SS you dont assume your going to be running that far. as the best player on the team if he had came out of the game after fouling the ball off his ankle some might have questioned his toughness, so cant blame him for remaining in the game.
now we have a story bigger than it should have been.

Hate to play some devil's advocate here, but, this WASN'T the situation. It stands as is. Hanley looked like a moron shuffling after that ball.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers