The resurgence of Corey Hart - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The resurgence of Corey Hart

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The resurgence of Corey Hart

Postby TBuck4401 » Sat May 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Triplec223 wrote:Hart's always been a guy that gets tremendously hot for around two weeks and then will give you nothing for another two weeks. Definitely a hot-and-cold player, but when he's on one of his tears there are few outfielders who will out-produce him. Pick him up now and drop him when he cools off.

No, he's never been that guy. I'll give you some great fantasy analysis that no writer or statistic can give you. Mine comes from watching almost every single Brewers game over the years.

He was very good prior to and during the start of the 08 season. He immediately overnight (and I don't mean almost overnight, I mean over the exact night) turned into absolute garbage after it was announced he was one of the 5 finalists for the voting for the last all-star spot. Most people think he fell off after the all-star break. Let me tell you, I saw a completely different player the game after this announcement, and this was the player I saw for every other game in 2008 and every game in 2009.

Since about a week left in spring training this year, and every game this season, even his 0-4 games, I have not seen the 2nd half 08 or 09 Hart. I've only seen the pre-second half 08 Hart. He's back.... figured out his mental issues.
TBuck4401
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NotAmused » Sat May 29, 2010 8:41 pm

Huge game for Corey tonight
NotAmused
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat May 29, 2010 9:39 pm

"Don't mess around with the guy in shades, no!"

B-) B-) B-)
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Havok1517 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:17 pm

I had the opportunity to add him recently when someone dropped him but I just couldn't find the roster spot since I wouldn't of been able to start him. With an OF/Util spots of Bruan Manny, Markakis, Cargo, Votto, and Beltran on the DL. Still, wish I could of found room for him during his current tear.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 134)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers