The resurgence of Corey Hart - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The resurgence of Corey Hart

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The resurgence of Corey Hart

Postby yaboygino » Mon May 17, 2010 10:23 pm

is he back to himself? Dudes been on a tear and um thinking about adding him. Edmonds and carlos gomez healthy? Havnt seen them in a bit..
yaboygino
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The resurgence of Corey Hart

Postby coma » Tue May 18, 2010 2:38 am

4 HRs in three games? Pretty impressive, although I am not sure how trustworthy he is. He has shown in the past that he is capable of brief moments of greatness but always falls through. Given that he may be on the waivers in quite a few leagues, he may be worth a shot given the right circumstances.
coma
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Midnight_Toker » Tue May 18, 2010 8:38 am

coma wrote:4 HRs in three games? Pretty impressive, although I am not sure how trustworthy he is. He has shown in the past that he is capable of brief moments of greatness but always falls through. Given that he may be on the waivers in quite a few leagues, he may be worth a shot given the right circumstances.

Have to agree with this poster ^^^

He's definitley teased before with a few impressive games, and then gone through long stretches of doing nothing. If he can keep it up though, I'd seriously give him a look.

Thanks to SmooveThug for the Sigs!
Midnight_Toker
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Triplec223 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:12 am

Hart's always been a guy that gets tremendously hot for around two weeks and then will give you nothing for another two weeks. Definitely a hot-and-cold player, but when he's on one of his tears there are few outfielders who will out-produce him. Pick him up now and drop him when he cools off.
Triplec223
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby k.k. » Tue May 18, 2010 9:14 am

I'm not convinced we're seeing a resurgence. Yeah, he's been hot the last week or so, but it won't last. It's Corey Hart after all. Not a guy I'll be following.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby CharlatanSin » Tue May 18, 2010 9:33 am

I disagree with the consensus here. Hart's been hitting pretty well all year, even if Macha insists on finding reasons to bench him. If he can force his way into being an everyday player (and he's currently seizing the opportunity), he can definitely be a useful fantasy player in deep or 5 OF leagues. It's clear he'll never be the stud we all foresaw a few years ago, but I'll take a good shot at 20-20 (probably more like 20-15, since Macha doesn't let his team run) as my 5th OF.
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BEN2074X » Tue May 18, 2010 9:43 am

I don't think Macha will be there much longer. I gave up on Corey last week in my 18 team keeper to spot start a couple of pitchers........ Corey was picked up from the waivers. as with the last few years he has the potential.......

he has hit "ok" all year he just wasn't getting started everyday even with Edmonds and Gomez hurt.
BEN2074X
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby hot4tx » Tue May 18, 2010 2:38 pm

I just picked him up in my main league. It only cost me an add/drop and he's a former high-end potential guy that is only 28. At worst he's hot right now and can platoon vs LHPs (his career vs lefties is nice), but he is still young enough that if he "figures it out" a power/speed combination guy like him in that lineup still does have very high-end (if unlikely to obtain) upside.

In deeper leagues or leagues with larger benches I'd surely pick him up if he were on the FA pile.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby thatguy27 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Definitely worth adding and plugging in immediately to ride out his hot streak. When he got hot in 2007, it lasted for a long time - almost the remainder of the season. Not saying it will be the same this time around, but he has proven that he's capable of being a solid contributor for longer than just two week stretches.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers