100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose A Bautista (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jose A Bautista (Merged)

Postby Zito is God » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Zito is God wrote:As much as I do not like Bautista, I will say that the time has come where "He's a fluke cause he used to be so bad" talk simply doesn't cut it anymore. He is proven, plain and simple.

What's not to like?

mweir likes him

Nah, I actually defend Morrow along with mweir whenever I can.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:14 pm

I suspect ZIG doesn't like him because of what he's done against the NYY (particularly the game that was referenced earlier with the Booster Juice sign).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Zito is God » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:15 pm

mweir145 wrote:I suspect ZIG doesn't like him because of what he's done against the NYY (particularly the game that was referenced earlier with the Booster Juice sign).

Its hard to pinpoint why I dont like him. Partially because I suspect roids and partially cause I live in Pittsburgh and this guy decided to start doing what he doing now AFTER he left while on the Pirates he was benched half the time.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Zito is God wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I suspect ZIG doesn't like him because of what he's done against the NYY (particularly the game that was referenced earlier with the Booster Juice sign).

Its hard to pinpoint why I dont like him. Partially because I suspect roids and partially cause I live in Pittsburgh and this guy decided to start doing what he doing now AFTER he left while on the Pirates he was benched half the time.

You don't like him because he didn't produce while benched?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:20 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Zito is God wrote:

You don't like him because he didn't produce while benched?

And the steroids that he conveniently started taking at the same time he changed his swing two years ago. :-b
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:10 pm

Former pitcher Pedro Martinez was talking to a group of Dominican baseball players at a dinner given by President Leonel Fernandez when the hurler praised Bautista for his hitting success and then asked him how many times he had been tested.

Bautista answered by saying his increased testing for banned performance enhancing drugs coincided with his sensational two seasons of hitting home runs. He said that he had been tested nine times in 2010, the year he led the majors with 54 homers, and was tested seven times last season when he hit another 43 home runs.

In the two previous seasons, he had only been tested three times, Bautista said.

http://www.thestar.com/article/1121716--random-testing-blue-jays-slugger-jose-bautista-given-16-drug-tests-over-two-seasons

baaaahahahaha, "random" testing. love me some joey bats.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:29 pm

I'm sure this bit of news won't stop any of the pointless, baseless speculation from the media, but it sounds to me like MLB wants to catch themselves a big name to prove the system is working.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers