Jose A Bautista (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose A Bautista (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jose A Bautista (Merged)

Postby rjforlife » Mon May 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
m16a wrote:The way things are going, JoBau #1 overall next year?

#2 is his floor now, who can pass up a guy who can literally carry an entire fantasy team?

Jay Bruce.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:36 am

To be announced today, Jose Bautista is now endorsing Booster Juice. haha. It's only a smoothie/juice bar, but probably a bad PR choice. A Booster Juice ad featured as the backdrop for one of Bautista's most memorable homeruns in Toronto, against the Yankees.

This Homerun followed by a foul ball into the upper deck leading to this bench-clearing knock-down on the next pitch followed by this game-winning homerun and death stare.

Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 120)

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:48 am

Skin Blues wrote:To be announced today, Jose Bautista is now endorsing Booster Juice. haha. It's only a smoothie/juice bar, but probably a bad PR choice. A Booster Juice ad featured as the backdrop for one of Bautista's most memorable homeruns in Toronto, against the Yankees.

This Homerun followed by a foul ball into the upper deck leading to this bench-clearing knock-down on the next pitch followed by this game-winning homerun and death stare.

Ive never seen that series of events before. That was awesome. I think I just became a bigger fan

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby thejusman1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:26 pm

He hasn't homered in awhile now... I thought he could club 60 this year. Looking more and more like he'll be under that mark.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Skin Blues wrote:To be announced today, Jose Bautista is now endorsing Booster Juice. haha. It's only a smoothie/juice bar, but probably a bad PR choice. A Booster Juice ad featured as the backdrop for one of Bautista's most memorable homeruns in Toronto, against the Yankees.

It also sounds like steroids

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:01 pm

thejusman1 wrote:He hasn't homered in awhile now... I thought he could club 60 this year.

You mean after you changed your mind from saying he wouldn't even hit 20.

I didn't even think he'd hit 50,fwiw. When pitchers walk him as much as they're doing, it's hard to even have the opportunity to hit that many. Bau clearly needs to get back on the steroids, though. His OPS has fallen all the way into the 1.140 range.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:22 pm

mweir145 wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:He hasn't homered in awhile now... I thought he could club 60 this year.

I didn't even think he'd hit 50,fwiw. When pitchers walk him as much as they're doing, it's hard to even have the opportunity to hit that many. Bau clearly needs to get back on the steroids, though. His OPS has fallen all the way into the 1.140 range.

:-P
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby Zito is God » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:53 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

:-P

While I always have and always will suspect roids because of the "I went from a role player to #1 in one year at the age of 30 somehow" story, it is undeniable that HRs are not the only reason he is valued. He has simply become a better hitter. BB/K ratio is not something roids would improve (hell, they might actually make it worse since you'd be twitchy to swing for the fences). When you OPS over 1.100, its really hard to deny.

As much as I do not like Bautista, I will say that the time has come where "He's a fluke cause he used to be so bad" talk simply doesn't cut it anymore. He is proven, plain and simple.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Zito is God wrote:As much as I do not like Bautista, I will say that the time has come where "He's a fluke cause he used to be so bad" talk simply doesn't cut it anymore. He is proven, plain and simple.

What's not to like?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Zito is God wrote:As much as I do not like Bautista, I will say that the time has come where "He's a fluke cause he used to be so bad" talk simply doesn't cut it anymore. He is proven, plain and simple.

What's not to like?

mweir likes him

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers