Why Joba got the W tonight? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why Joba got the W tonight?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Why Joba got the W tonight?

Postby Matthias » Sat May 15, 2010 7:45 pm

I wouldn't say it's a comment on thedude. I would guess if you asked a hundred people who called themselves "serious baseball fans" fewer than five would know that rule. I'm not quite sure why I know it, honestly.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Sox » Sat May 15, 2010 9:52 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
Bloody Sox wrote:It must be the cool way Joba wears his hat without bending the brim.

It must be cool how his bank account dwarfs yours

Good one - you got me ;-D
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat May 15, 2010 11:41 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
Matthias wrote:Hear me in April, believe me in May.

^what a great link. thedude is pretty awful in providing reliable knowledge. That link only reinforces that fact.

Nicely done. ;-D

Stop taking cheap shots like that, it makes you look like a petulant child. He missed a complicated, counter-intuitive kink in the rules that's based on a judgment call and comes up very infrequently. Who can blame him? Who even cares? You're an embarrassment.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby B-Chad » Sun May 16, 2010 1:38 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:

^what a great link. thedude is pretty awful in providing reliable knowledge. That link only reinforces that fact.

Nicely done. ;-D

Stop taking cheap shots like that, it makes you look like a petulant child. He missed a complicated, counter-intuitive kink in the rules that's based on a judgment call and comes up very infrequently. Who can blame him? Who even cares? You're an embarrassment.

No dude, you don't understand. Anyone with knowledge of baseball and all things Yankee's realized they didn't implement the Joba rules simply to throw him in the 8th inning setup role... I mean... wait a second, Hughes isn't the 5th starter? Oooooooops *palm face* End thread/
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JMB05 » Sun May 16, 2010 3:10 pm

Very familiar with this rule, but not very often that you get to see it put into effect.

This is defiantly something hard to pick up just looking at the boxscore, so I love when someone points it out, just another one of those great oddities that makes baseball so great :-)
JMB05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun May 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:

Nicely done. ;-D

Embarrassment of what? LOL, thedude's poor debating skills? He constantly post false info. Why not call him out on it? That link is just another example him providing false information. Please, go bark up someone else's tree.
Last edited by DaSh 1s on Sun May 16, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun May 16, 2010 9:12 pm

B-Chad wrote:No dude, you don't understand. Anyone with knowledge of baseball and all things Yankee's realized they didn't implement the Joba rules simply to throw him in the 8th inning setup role... I mean... wait a second, Hughes isn't the 5th starter? Oooooooops *palm face* End thread/

Now this funny... Good job B-Chad. I guess you have all knowledge in developing Pitchers. All Hail thee! Shame on me for wanting a Top prospect in the rotation! He had a 10.58 K/9 in 2008 and its criminal to want him in the rotation. Dear God!! You have been hit and miss all off season. B Rob and Phillips over cano? Aardsma? Come on man... start looking at your own false predictions.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nsulham » Sun May 16, 2010 9:18 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
B-Chad wrote:No dude, you don't understand. Anyone with knowledge of baseball and all things Yankee's realized they didn't implement the Joba rules simply to throw him in the 8th inning setup role... I mean... wait a second, Hughes isn't the 5th starter? Oooooooops *palm face* End thread/

Now this funny... Good job B-Chad. I guess you have all knowledge in developing Pitchers. All Hail thee! Shame on me for wanting a Top prospect in the rotation!

The crux of the issue isn't that you want Joba in the rotation. It's that you ran your mouth before the season that you KNEW Joba would get the fifth spot, like you had inside info or something. That because you followed the Yankees, and most of us don't, you knew more than we did and that meant you HAD to be right. But you weren't. And now you can't just come out and man up and admit you completely blew that call so that's why people continue to hound you.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun May 16, 2010 9:28 pm

nsulham wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:

Now this funny... Good job B-Chad. I guess you have all knowledge in developing Pitchers. All Hail thee! Shame on me for wanting a Top prospect in the rotation!

The crux of the issue isn't that you want Joba in the rotation. It's that you ran your mouth before the season that you KNEW Joba would get the fifth spot, like you had inside info or something. That because you followed the Yankees, and most of us don't, you knew more than we did and that meant you HAD to be right. But you weren't. And now you can't just come out and man up and admit you completely blew that call so that's why people continue to hound you.

Now sir, please tell me where I said knew he was going to be in the rotation. He was the favorite by far...no innings limits/4 pitches, hughes innings limits It was Joba's spot to lose, WHICH HE DID BY PITCHING UTTERLY SO POORLY IN SPRING TRAINING.

So Joba would be the fifth starter, like I said, IF HE DIDNT PITCH SO POORLY IN SPRING TRAINING... Maybe if he had his velocity, which I had shown his massive drop in velocity charts, he wouldn't have pitched poorly enough in ST. Over the past 2 months, look at how his velocity has slowly creeped out and look how his stats have gotten better along with it. Blasphemy, that his velocity and success correlate.

Shame on me for predicting his velocity would ONLY CONTINUE IN THE CRAPPER:
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WebHamster » Sun May 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Everybody thank Dashus for getting this thread locked.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 569)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers