Help with veto in keeper league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Help with veto in keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Help with veto in keeper league

Postby ramble2 » Mon May 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Thanks for the input guys. For the record, the manager auctioning off his team is not sending the players to the same team, but to the second and third place teams. I agree the second trade is worse, and I have to figure out how to deal with that.

The collusion worry is that the team receiving Holliday has a history of trying to convince teams in the cellar to send him top line players for a bunch of bench riders, essentially reverting to the argument that there is no other way to beat the front runner. There are no future considerations in the second trade, either, making it that much worse to my mind.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ramble2 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:28 pm

Just to update things - the managers making the Holliday trade forgot to tell the league that a 7th round pick is also swapping hands. That's better, but it's still a little weird that someone is giving up on their team so early in the season.

I don't know, at this point I think I'll offer to send him Chris Perez for Francisco Rodriguez. 20th round keeper vs. 1st round keeper - I bet he goes for it.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Kimbos Beard » Fri May 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Seems like a strange situation going on in your league. I am fine with guys deciding to play for the future, but that doesnt mean you sell your stars (Holliday/Carpenter) for well below market value. If this guy is really looking toward the future, he should be targeting young studs.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby fast dogs » Fri May 21, 2010 5:39 pm

Wilson is a fine rookie and all, but I wouldn't rank him among the top five SP prospects.
Didn't really understand the talk of CJ Wilson as a rookie or a prospect
Don't understand trading Holliday for so little; if you only get 5 keepers wouldn't he be better than anyone he could be keeping? Raj or Gio don't seem keeper worthy if you only get 5
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 303)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner