The NBA playoff thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The NBA playoff thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The NBA playoff thread

Postby urbanbreez » Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 pm

How's that MVP trophy feeling right about now? I bet it feels about the same as that nickname... premature. It's okay, you're still young. Sure you've been in the league for seven years and have zero championships. Well, hold on, you still have that Olympic gold metal that I was the team captain of. No one is ever going to take that away from you.

But we've got to have a talk about this whole "King" thing. Doesn't that crown really belong to me? I mean, we BOTH can't be first. How about you stay in 2nd place for a while longer? I'll email you. Until then, I'm the best player alive, MmmmEeee, The Black Mamba of LA; despite what bandwagon, hooker chasing, meat head, Charles Barkley thinks. He's to busy sniffing D. Wade's hindquarters in those homoerotic T-mobil commercials to know wuz up. Tonight, you showed where you lack at: MENTAL TOUGHNESS. Its part-and-parcel to being the best there is.

ProTip: The game is at least 40% mental, and being super athletic wont replace that.

Love,
Kobe Bean Bryant
Last edited by urbanbreez on Mon May 17, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dear Lebron,

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:40 pm

I am pro-Kobe over LeBron, but the flack he's getting after this loss is seriously unbelievable. Outside of Detroit in 2004, who ever won a championship without two alpha-dog level players on the roster? Celtic dynasties were stacked, Bad Boys had Thomas and Dumars, Showtime had Magic, Kareem, Worthy. Jordan had Pippen. Rockets had Olajuwon and Drexler. Spurs had Duncan and Robinson and then Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. Miami had Wade and Shaq. Seriously, the supporting cast he has is made of average players like Mo Williams whose stats are inflated because they play with LeBron. All this "he can't win a championship" stuff is crazy.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 13, 2010 11:41 pm

He's gonna look awfully good in orange and blue.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:46 pm

bigh0rt wrote:He's gonna look awfully good in orange and blue.

Honestly, of all the teams that can offer him max money, New York should be his last choice. I'd go Chicago, Miami, New Jersey or the Clippers before I'd be a Knick.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AussieDodger » Thu May 13, 2010 11:47 pm

Or red and black :-?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri May 14, 2010 12:10 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:

Honestly, of all the teams that can offer him max money, New York should be his last choice. I'd go Chicago, Miami, New Jersey or the Clippers before I'd be a Knick.

Donald Sterling is the biggest cheapskate I have ever known. I don't think he is willing to outbid any team, no matter how generous the offer he forks up. It would be cool to see Lebron as a Clipper though, such that the Hallway Series actually means something.

It's quite simple. Lebron doesn't have that #2 scorer who can play a big part in big games and isn't reliant solely on Lebron creating space for them. Such was the case last year and same for this year. It is funny though, to hear some folks blame Lebron's elbow when comparing Kobe playing with a few hurt fingers, a bum ankle, and a bum knee.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby jfg » Fri May 14, 2010 12:24 am

Yeah, to pin this all on Lebron is ridiculous. He's never had another star in his prime to play next to and Kobe could never win one on his own either. Once the Lakers were gifted Gasol he won. Lebron won't only win next year, I bet it's one of the best teams ever once a team that can sign two max contracts brings him and Bosh on board. Imagine this: Chicago with Lebron, Bosh, Rose, Noah and Deng as the starting 5 with Phil Jackson back on in the coaches chair. That would be a dynasty and Chicago has the cap room to do it.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:29 am

I'd go to either New Jersey or Chicago if I were him, but probably New Jersey if I had to choose. Lopez, Harris, Courtney Lee....likely the first pick in the draft which would be Wall and then room for another max contract (Bosh)? :-L.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri May 14, 2010 12:36 am

jfg wrote:Yeah, to pin this all on Lebron is ridiculous. He's never had another star in his prime to play next to and Kobe could never win one on his own either. Once the Lakers were gifted Gasol he won. Lebron won't only win next year, I bet it's one of the best teams ever once a team that can sign two max contracts brings him and Bosh on board. Imagine this: Chicago with Lebron, Bosh, Rose, Noah and Deng as the starting 5 with Phil Jackson back on in the coaches chair. That would be a dynasty and Chicago has the cap room to do it.

Well, basketball is a team sport. Of course, Kobe needs a good #2-3 scorer, like Shaq did, Jordan, etc. to get over the proverbial hump.

...and I don't think Phil is going anywhere but L.A. Lebron going to Chicago does make more sense than heading to New York, unless they're able to bring Bosh on board as well. Not sure how they fit into D'Antoni's system of playing fastbreak, perimeter-oriented basketball though.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby urbanbreez » Fri May 14, 2010 1:01 am

Lebron won't only win next year...Chris Bosh.

In the words of a famous poet that I can't recall at the moment, "and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow." Antwan Jameson and Shaq. Don't act like he had a bunch of scrubs, that was last year's excuse. These Lebron apologist never cease to amaze. The guy played with no passion tonight or the game before. I play with broken fingers, the flu, rape charges, it don't matter I'm there to win, not pout. We can all agree that the whole season came down to those two games for the Cavs and he was out to pasture. All glossy eyed and confused. No choreographed team celebration in sight. He didn't even look like the best player on the court. Rondo was. I don't care if he's playing with Bosh or not, he ain't 'gettin it done with that attitude. BTW, he had geriatric PP (representing Crenshaw) guarding him all series.

xoxo,
Kobias

PS watch how it's done.
Last edited by urbanbreez on Fri May 14, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk