Nolan Reimold? Sent to AAA? Thoughts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nolan Reimold? Sent to AAA? Thoughts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nolan Reimold? Sent to AAA? Thoughts?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 13, 2010 3:17 pm

rotoworld wrote:Orioles optioned OF Nolan Reimold to Triple-A Norfolk.

The O's are hoping Reimold will be able to figure some things out at the plate against lesser competition. He was batting just .205/.302/.337 with two homers and eight RBI in 83 at-bats at the major league level. Hopefully he can get right down in Norfolk and rejoin the Orioles by mid-June.

i had high hopes for this guy this year...is it just the achilles bugging him or does he have a case of teh suck

thoughts?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nolan Reimold? Sent to AAA? Thoughts?

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu May 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Damn it Bill James! You lied to me!

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby colt4523 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:23 pm

Thoughts...I wasted a pick on him :-[
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:34 pm

Kid has talent, and definitely not saying he sucks, but I wasn't counting on last year's stats to at least begin this year. The injury did hurt him to start, but I wasn't prepared, like some were, to name him to the stats he produced last year. Frankly tho, I wasn't expecting AAA duty already this year. But, with that said, GM or Team President (can't remember which) was actually quoted about 2-3 weeks ago saying basically: if you don't start producing, no matter what, you are getting sent packing, somewhere. So these guys need to step up.

At this point I wouldn't call Nolan a bust or anything, but I definitely think he has gotten a real good taste of MLB pitching and that he still needs some work before he can become the OFer he was last year.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby AussieDodger » Thu May 13, 2010 11:12 pm

They went to all the trouble of letting him heal, and then dumped him before he could heat up properly. :-C
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby gnarboots11 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:43 pm

I cut this scrub weeks ago as one of my biggest draft day mistakes. This is what happens when you listen to every jerkoff fantasy baseball writer on the interwebs. Maybe, he is just NOT THAT GOOD? That's the conclusion I have come to, he is never going to be special. He isn't anywhere close to the level of Carlos Gonzalez, Colby Rasmus, Jason Heyward. In fact, nor is Adam Jones for that matter. They should send that scrub down to AAA also.
gnarboots11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:50 pm

gnarboots11 wrote:I cut this scrub weeks ago as one of my biggest draft day mistakes. This is what happens when you listen to every jerkoff fantasy baseball writer on the interwebs. Maybe, he is just NOT THAT GOOD? That's the conclusion I have come to, he is never going to be special. He isn't anywhere close to the level of Carlos Gonzalez, Colby Rasmus, Jason Heyward. In fact, nor is Adam Jones for that matter. They should send that scrub down to AAA also.

hahahahaha I love reading your posts. Keep them coming, they are always good for a good chuckle!

Hes just not that good? and He is never going to be special... Those were good. Do you not realize that he was battling back from an achilies injury to begin the year? They just when he MAY have started to see some decent ABs they shoot him down to AAA. He was finally showing signs that he was healthy, but yeah your right he sucks. Get a clue dude.

Also who in their right mind tried to even SAY he was at the same level as Heyward or Rasmus or even CarGO? I dunno where you heard that from, but you need to stop using that site then cuz thats the first time I've ever heard anyone even mention Reimold's name even in the same post as those 3 guys. This, imo, was a pointless post worth the dirt on the bottom of my shoes. Calling a player a scrub, and nothing special and not that good after just over a month of PT, but better yet maybe a couple of weeks of HEALTHY play is just absurd.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby gnarboots11 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:05 pm

His ADP is higher than Rasmus and Heyward, and it's pretty close to CarGo, maybe a round later. So ya, that's why he is in the same discussion with them. He is 27 years old and still complains about his achilles after what, 9 months? Listen, his prime is passing him by every day. His upside is limited and there's TONS of hot YOUNGER stud outfielders in baseball. This loser will be forgotten from fantasy baseball world. I'd rather have Alex Rios or Vlad Guerrero, even in a keeper league. He is old, 27 years old and we still waiting for a break out? NO THANKS!
gnarboots11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mkultra » Fri May 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Reimold was pretty heavily touted when he came up last year. He did... okay (.279/15HR in about 350AB), but nothing to write home about. The important thing to remember there is that 9 of those dingers came in the first 150 or so AB, so the signs say he couldn't compensate to pitchers adjusting to him.

Also, he's had recurring issues from an achilles tear last year, which is not a good sign. He's 26, mind you- no spring chicken.

I wouldn't expect any production from him this year you can't otherwise get off the FA wire.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby jackie hayes » Fri May 14, 2010 3:12 pm

gnarboots11 wrote:His ADP is higher than Rasmus and Heyward, and it's pretty close to CarGo, maybe a round later. So ya, that's why he is in the same discussion with them. He is 27 years old and still complains about his achilles after what, 9 months? Listen, his prime is passing him by every day. His upside is limited and there's TONS of hot YOUNGER stud outfielders in baseball. This loser will be forgotten from fantasy baseball world. I'd rather have Alex Rios or Vlad Guerrero, even in a keeper league. He is old, 27 years old and we still waiting for a break out? NO THANKS!

:-S Did I just wander onto a Sex And The City message board?

"Hot" players, okay. "Stud" players...I'll allow it. "Hot young studs" -- please don't.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 65)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers