2 guys in my league are trying to make a deal:

Team one gets
Soriano
Kinsler

Team 2 gets
Abreu
Prado
Posednik

Is this deal fair? Talking to a guy another guy in the league he says it dosent make team one any better, and that is a really fair deal. I dont feel the same way, despite Kinsler coming on the DL

Secondly the team losing Kinsler and Soriano is not very active. I have a feeling he just logged on, to help a friend. He has half his pitching staff on the DL.

I sent a note to the commish saying if team 2 stays active I will let this trade slide even though I think its dumb, but if team 2 goes inactive again then players should be re-instated to original teams.

Thanks for the help
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Veto: 5 player deal WHIR

Postby bigmck » Thu May 13, 2010 11:22 am

You can't veto it just because you "think" a friend might be helping a friend. You can't veto it just because you personally would not make the deal. Unless it is VERY uneven, don't even consider a veto. Vetoing trades is the best way to get people to quit your league.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby tah161 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:11 pm

bigmck wrote:You can't veto it just because you "think" a friend might be helping a friend. You can't veto it just because you personally would not make the deal. Unless it is VERY uneven, don't even consider a veto. Vetoing trades is the best way to get people to quit your league.

Did you even read what I posted?
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JonSamuelson » Sun May 16, 2010 7:49 am

tah161,

I think your solution is pretty reasonable if it's true that the team who appears to be selling off good parts has a history of that sort of thing, and/or they're REALLY inactive. The thing is that that's a pretty dicey situation to put your Commissioner in. If it were my league, and I was pretty much positive that this was some sort of collusion, I'd put it to a league vote, and ask them if they were okay with reverting the players to the original teams if the bad team remained inactive afterwards. No way would I feel comfortable, as a Commish, just unilaterally deciding to undo the trade by myself.
JonSamuelson
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby RowdyRed » Mon May 17, 2010 1:40 pm

The deal isn't that lopsided. I wouldn't do the deal, but this is not vetoable....I don't like your solution either, because I would be really uncomfortable as the commish making that decision, one way or the other.
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mkultra » Wed May 19, 2010 2:48 pm

The problem with your suggested solution is twofold:

- Who defines "inactive"?
- What kind of timeframe is involved in deciding whether a team is inactive or not? You're talking about undoing a trade after at least a week, which is all kinds of trouble.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Kimbos Beard » Fri May 21, 2010 3:41 pm

The deal on its face is not too bad. I dont think you have much of a chance at vetoing unless this inactive thing is really extreme.

If he logged in made the trade and left half his pitching staff on the DL, then I begin to question whether there is some collusion involved or not.

Sometimes people are clever with collusion, it doesnt always have to be Lincecum for Louis castillo.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Return to Commissioner's Corner