can you guys post before/after pics?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: P90X

Postby Curtis Pride » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:53 pm

I keep trying to start this and can't ever keep on the plan. I live in Manhattan and I just have no space to do all the cardio work. Nor do I have enough room to place a bunch of weights. I got the bands, but they just haven't been very effective.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:I keep trying to start this and can't ever keep on the plan. I live in Manhattan and I just have no space to do all the cardio work. Nor do I have enough room to place a bunch of weights. I got the bands, but they just haven't been very effective.

Weights shouldn't take up that much room. Tuck them under your bed or couch when you're not using them or something. As far as cardio and limited room, just modify. Do what you can and eventually you'll figure out how to do it effectively. I think as long as you try and remain serious about it you'll figure out a way.

We got chest, back, and ab ripper X tonight. And I got an awful cold. So this should be fun.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RugbyD » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:06 am

Curtis Pride wrote:I keep trying to start this and can't ever keep on the plan. I live in Manhattan and I just have no space to do all the cardio work. Nor do I have enough room to place a bunch of weights. I got the bands, but they just haven't been very effective.

you can get the adjustable dumbbells, though they are a bit pricey.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:09 pm

This book could serve as a good alternative: You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises by Mark Lauren

I've always been in good shape but this is propelling me to another level. I've seen pretty remarkable results in the short time I've been following his programs. You'll use props for a good portion of the exercises (e.g., the side of a sofa/coffee table, doors, chairs, etc.) but I've been able to find something in my apartment that works for everything so far. You don't need much space for them. There's a push up thread over in the Football Cafe and the results I saw from just that compelled me to find more similar exercises. This is a treasure trove of them.

Don't expect this to be easy. The Basic Program will push you. And I can guarantee you won't be strong enough to do many of the advanced exercises right away.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby DaShiz23 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:55 pm

I wanna post this and share something. It is a link to my distributor page for AdvoCare. If this breaks any Cafe rules, feel free to take it off here. My story tells it all, but I have yet to try everything out. Amazing quality supplements. Any questions about anything, lemme know!

http://www.advocare.com/11024371
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby emb0lus » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:57 pm

I see I am not the only one here that is doing this workout with their wife. It was actually my wife's idea to do this, I was already going to the gym about 3 nights a week after the kids went to bed but she never had a chance to go with taking care of 3 kids all day and we could not both go to the gym at night and she did not feel comfortable going by herself at night (nor would i want her to). Since she had been out of shape since kid #3, we started with the power 90 system first (TOny Horton did this BEFORE p90x and gave it away free about 10 years ago which I already had). Then she wanted to do Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred :-P but I went along with it for a while and listened to my ipod instead of the annoying Ms Michaels and now we are starting the p90x system tomorrow (borrowed my buddy's dvds so it was free). If you don't have room or don't want to buy a full set of dumbbells, the powerblocks are cheaper than the bowflex ones and work great and I highly recommend them, I already had them so there was nothing more for me to buy.
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to General Talk