Rich Aurilla - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rich Aurilla

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rich Aurilla

Postby mktgteach » Tue May 21, 2002 11:22 pm

In case you didn't know, Aurilla is going to be out 4-6 weeks for surgery. Find a replacement if you can! Good luck!

Other news....looks like David Wells will be ok. But, for how long? He is another injury risk with great upside, but he is always a risk.

I'm out! ;-D
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bender » Tue May 21, 2002 11:25 pm

Terrible luck for me, I only just claimed him off waivers, and I was pretty excited about it too, seeing his numbers from last year. Oh well, looks like back to a Valentin/Lopez or Guzman combo.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mktgteach » Tue May 21, 2002 11:27 pm

You might want to see if Tony Batista is available in your league. He qualifies at shortstop.

I'm out! ;-D
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bender » Tue May 21, 2002 11:32 pm

No, he isn't but Melvin Mora is. What do you think of him? He qualifies too I think.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mktgteach » Tue May 21, 2002 11:47 pm

He is just as good as any of the others that you mentioned. Mora is the definition of a utility player. He qualifies at SS, OF, and 2b. He isn't a power hitter, but he is a consistent hitter. He will hit around .270 and he has alot of speed. He is the Orioles lead off hitter. So you can expect stolen bases. He isn't someone to depend on year round, but he is certainly an excellent injury replacement.

I'm out! ;-D
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby zebulon » Fri May 24, 2002 10:46 am

I drafted Aurilla thinking he would put up numbers similar to last season and he's been a big disappointment. I mean, he's got less RBIs than my catcher, AJ Pierzynski who plays 80% of the time.

As soon as he went on the DL I dropped him and picked up Jose Hernandez. Hernandez may not hit for a high avg, but should provide some power and works for me as a MI.

I could have picked up Melvin Mora but I really don't like the Orioles lineup. Milwaukee isn't doing so hot either, but at least they have some legitamite hitters in Sexson, Jenkins, and Hammonds who can give a guy like Hernandez potentially some more RBI opportunities. But that's just me.
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 2times » Sun May 26, 2002 1:59 pm

Aurilia threw on the side today with the Giants trainer just 3 days after surgery on his right elbow so it looks like his recovery is going well so far. Let's keep our fingers crossed, it's possible he'll be back in 2-3 (!) wks instead of 4-6.
2times

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Bender » Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:56 pm

It does sound quite good. He is hoping to be back for their series against the Yankees I think. I will leave him on the DL for those games though. I managed to pick up Eckstein too, so it looks like Jose Valentin might be going, or maybe I will go with just one catcher and drop Varitek. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers