Colorado Rockies Closer? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Colorado Rockies Closer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Colorado Rockies Closer?

Postby bobnerns » Thu May 06, 2010 9:56 pm

With Huston Street still out for a couple more weeks, who is the closer for the Rockies? It seems like Franklin Morales might be out after recent struggles. Will the next save chance go to Manny Corpas? Is there a site that will give updates on this information or will it be unknown until the next save chance happens?
bobnerns
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Colorado Rockies Closer?

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:25 am

Kind of a wait and see situation. Doesn't sound too sexy for Morales right now after blowing the save the other night. Corpas has shown in the past tho that he can get the job done, so if he gets the shot I think it may be his job until Street returns. But again probably won't know anything until the next save situation.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Cobra_Kai » Fri May 07, 2010 7:27 am

You guys know there's a closer thread in "Baseball Leftovers," right?

In any case:

Thu, May 6

RHP Manuel Corpas might be the Rockies' closer as of Friday at Dodger Stadium, manager Jim Tracy said. LHP Franklin Morales has handled the closing duties all season in the absence of Huston Street, who is on the disabled list due to right shoulder inflammation but could begin a rehab assignment next week. However, Morales has been battling control problems.
(Yahoo! Sports)
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:35 pm

Cobra_Kai wrote:You guys know there's a closer thread in "Baseball Leftovers," right?

I do, but if you looked at his name, right under it it states that he has 3 posts on the Cafe thus far. Meaning hes brand new. So instead of making him chase his tail I figured it would be just as easy to just reply back here with my thoughts. Also it is actually considered a 'player update' as its a 'position update about players', so there is no problem with a post such as this one. Thanks tho ;-)

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bobnerns » Fri May 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Cobra_Kai wrote:You guys know there's a closer thread in "Baseball Leftovers," right?

As bazzy noted, I'm new to this site so I didn't know there was another thread. But thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out.
bobnerns
College Coach
College Coach

Postby quitesanemax » Wed May 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Why is the Closer's thread in the Leftovers forum, rather than the Players update. Isn't it players being updated? Not that I care. Once you know where it is, it doesn't matter. But it might save threads like this being created, if newbies saw the Closer thread at the top of this forum...

Well, it has been in the Leftovers thread for as long as I remember, and to change it now would confuse too many of the regulars - so I certainly wouldn't expect any changes. I was just being curious....

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates