Miguel Cabrera All Star - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Miguel Cabrera All Star

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Miguel Cabrera All Star

Postby MasterX1918 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:09 pm

I had him benched yesterday. Why lord why?
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Sat May 29, 2010 12:18 pm

Interestingly, I have found with a handful of my players that they play terribly for the last one or two weeks of the pregnancy, and come back with a (celebratory) bang when it's over. M-Cab proved this theory emphatically. Good job Miguel, and congrats ;-D ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby RedHopeful » Sat May 29, 2010 1:46 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:I had him benched yesterday. Why lord why?

Wow, seriously why? :-S It was well known he'd be back for the series against the A's.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby thatguy27 » Sat May 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Serious question to all you Miggy owners out there: would you trade him for Pujols right now?

I know the worst time to evaluate a player is when he's coming off a hot/cold streak, or in Miggy's case, a 3 HR game, but he's been tearing the cover off the ball all season long and I think it's apparent he's in for a career year.

I do think that I'd pull the trigger if I was offered Pujols, but it would be very difficult to let Miggy go.

On a related note, would you take him over Hanley? Utley? Braun? Longo? ARod? I think those are the only guys that MIGHT still be in front of MIggy, but I were drafting today, the only players I'd consider in front of him would be Pujols, Hanley, Braun, and Longo. And honestly, I might prefer him to all of them not named Albert.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby The_Natural » Sat May 29, 2010 8:16 pm

thatguy27 wrote:Serious question to all you Miggy owners out there: would you trade him for Pujols right now?

I know the worst time to evaluate a player is when he's coming off a hot/cold streak, or in Miggy's case, a 3 HR game, but he's been tearing the cover off the ball all season long and I think it's apparent he's in for a career year.

I do think that I'd pull the trigger if I was offered Pujols, but it would be very difficult to let Miggy go.

On a related note, would you take him over Hanley? Utley? Braun? Longo? ARod? I think those are the only guys that MIGHT still be in front of MIggy, but I were drafting today, the only players I'd consider in front of him would be Pujols, Hanley, Braun, and Longo. And honestly, I might prefer him to all of them not named Albert.

In my opinion, I wouldn't draft a 1b in the first round since the position is so deep.
The_Natural
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thatguy27 » Sun May 30, 2010 4:55 pm

The_Natural wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:Serious question to all you Miggy owners out there: would you trade him for Pujols right now?

In my opinion, I wouldn't draft a 1b in the first round since the position is so deep.

So, if you were picking on the turn and Pujols/Miggy were still available, you wouldn't take them both?

Another phenomenal game for Miggy, up to .351 with 14 HR and 48 RBI.
Last edited by thatguy27 on Sun May 30, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JMB05 » Sun May 30, 2010 6:06 pm

The_Natural wrote:

Seriously depends on the league. I play in a league that uses 3 CI, and 2 UTIL, and with the 10th pick I took MIggy and Tex, best guys on the board.

Miggy has the talent but needed focus, because he has always relied on his talent thus far, it really looks like he is taking it to the next level.
JMB05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby thatguy27 » Sun May 30, 2010 9:09 pm

If he can maintain a similar pace for the remainder of the season, he'll have a legitimate shot at the AL Triple Crown. I'm fairly confident he'll have more HRs than Bautista by season's end (the only guy ahead of him right now). He'll be competing with the likes of Mauer, Morneau, Cano, and Ichiro (possibly Vlad and Butler too) for batting champ, but I think he has as a good a shot as any of them to finish with the top AVG.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers