Miguel Cabrera All Star - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Miguel Cabrera All Star

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Miguel Cabrera All Star

Postby Fpower » Wed May 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Two home runs today, and I never see any threads about him. Is he such a consistent annual force that he's boring? Anyway, just wanted to give him a little love for his work, and I hope he starts at 1B for the American League this summer.
Fpower
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Miguel Cabrera All Star

Postby mtxdevil » Wed May 05, 2010 3:42 pm

He's on a MVP pace right now. I really believe he got himself together this past offseason and is more dedicated to the game. If his past lines were not his best effort, we can only imagine what he can produce from now on.
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thatguy27 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Funny, I was just considering starting a thread about him, too. Hard to believe the guy is just 27 years old considering all he's accomplished--it seems he's been around forever already. What's scary is, typically speaking, he should just now be hitting his power prime. I think right now he has to be the consensus second ranked 1B behind Pujols with Fielder, Teix, and to a lesser degree, Howard, all struggling.

I wonder where he would go in drafts held today? Pujols, Hanley, Utley, Braun, Miggy? I think he deserves a spot in the top 5.
Last edited by thatguy27 on Wed May 05, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Inukchuk » Wed May 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Fpower wrote:Two home runs today, and I never see any threads about him. Is he such a consistent annual force that he's boring? Anyway, just wanted to give him a little love for his work, and I hope he starts at 1B for the American League this summer.

I think you pegged it right there. Wish I owned him... :,-(
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Rin04 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Got him # 14 in one league and #19 in another league. Needless to say I'm pretty happy with those picks :-D
Rin04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby baseball77 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:57 pm

Rin04 wrote:Got him # 14 in one league and #19 in another league. Needless to say I'm pretty happy with those picks :-D

It's amazing Cabrera fell that far. I was taking him as early as 6 or 7 in drafts. I almost got Pujols and Cabrera on one of my teams because he fell, but he was picked one spot before me. If he played for the Yankees, he'd be one of the first few off the board.
baseball77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MTUCache » Wed May 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Rin04 wrote:Got him # 14 in one league and #19 in another league. Needless to say I'm pretty happy with those picks :-D

No joke. His production is easily worth a top-five pick right now, even if you ignore the slumps that some of the first round guys have started with.

I think the best part about him right now has got to be what the Tigers locked up his salary at. $19M/year through 2016 is no joke for an organization, but it looks like an absolute steal compared to Howard's new contract when you look at his production/age. After Fielder/Pujols sign their new deals in the next year it'll look even better.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed May 05, 2010 5:40 pm

thatguy27 wrote:Funny, I was just considering starting a thread about him, too. Hard to believe the guy is just 27 years old considering all he's accomplished--it seems he's been around forever already. What's scary is, typically speaking, he should just now be hitting his power prime. I think right now he has to be the consensus second ranked 1B behind Pujols with Fielder, Teix, and to a lesser degree, Howard, all struggling.

I wonder where he would go in drafts held today? Pujols, Hanley, Utley, Longoria, Braun, Miggy? I think he deserves a spot in the top 6.

FYP ;-D
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Postby ROC AllStars » Wed May 05, 2010 5:48 pm

[quote="thatguy27"]Funny, I was just considering starting a thread about him, too. Hard to believe the guy is just 27 years old considering all he's accomplished--it seems he's been around forever already. What's scary is, typically speaking, he should just now be hitting his power prime. I think right now he has to be the consensus second ranked 1B behind Pujols with Fielder, Teix, and to a lesser degree, Howard, all struggling.[quote]

Completely agree. People do forget that he's only 27. I had him pegged for a career year this year, IMO .340/40/130+ is definitely attainable.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby thedude » Wed May 05, 2010 6:07 pm

He is one of the few players today who could win the triple crown (though it is doubtful he will). Everyone knows he is good, so there really isn't much to talk about, just like Albert Pujols.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers