Analyze my Team Anyone? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Analyze my Team Anyone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Analyze my Team Anyone?

Postby LanceDanceRomance » Wed May 05, 2010 8:57 am

I'm new to this site and would really appreciate some roster analysis.
I'm in a twelve team H2H league. About half of the owners are not very active will leave me a lot of opportunities to improve my team.

Scoring: Traditional

Starting Hitters
C - Matt Wieters (Bal)
1B - Miquel Cabrera (Det)
2B - Robinson Cano (NYY)
3B - Gordon Beckham (CWS)
SS - Troy Tulowitzki (Col)
OF - B.J. Upton (TB)
OF - Adam Lind (Tor)
OF - Alex Rios (CWS)
UT - Carlos Pena (TB)

Starting Pitchers
SP - Jon Lester (Bos)
SP - Scott Baker (Min)
RP - Tyler Clippard (Was)
RP - Matt Thornton (CWS)
P - Kevin Correia (SD)
P - Colby Lewis (Tex)
P - Brad Penny (StL)

Bench
3B - David Freese (StL)
OF - Scott Podsednik (KC)
SP - Jeff Niemann (TB)
SP - Carl Pavano (Min)
SP - Carlos Silva (ChC)
DL - Huston Street (Col - RP)

My main issue has been my pitching with my two aces Baker and Lester starting off slow. Lester has been coming around nicely and Baker always starts slow so I am not too worried about them. I just dropped Jorge De Rosa and picked up Colby Lewis and also dropped Chris Coughlan for Carlos Silva. I have been getting hammered on pitching so I cut my hitters bench down dramatically.

I have no relievers who pick up saves but don't have many options in the free agent market that I see as a value. Chad Qualls is out there who has got 6 saves, but I don't think its worth picking up his baggage in ERA. I was also thinking about dropping Silva For Rich Harden who is a FA. Andrew Jones is also interesting me as a FA, but I'm bias being a Sox fan.

I can take a look at any ones roster out there who wants any advice.
Any thoughts on my team would be appreciated, Thanks.
LanceDanceRomance
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Analyze my Team Anyone?

Postby waltb87 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:15 pm

I agree with you, your pitching doesn't really look overpowering. Before some improvements on my Yahoo autodraft for one of my leagues...my aces were both Lester and Baker...but I think I'd rather have Harden over Silva anyday, as long as Harden will stay healthy...he will break down eventually this season, so get as much as you can out of him. You have absolutely no opp. for saves at all so maybe go after a closer or two, in addition to Qualls because he will get you a few, and Thorton and Clippard are just taking up space on your bench. Your batters though, are no issue, plenty of power, good speed, good avg opp., especially with Cano, Tulo, and MiggyCab. Just out of curiosity, who are some of the batting/pitching FA out there...you may have a gem out there especially if your other mgrs aren't active

Help: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=410726
waltb87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Analyze my Team Anyone?

Postby Bferryvt » Thu May 06, 2010 10:27 am

Your pitching isn't in dire straits but I would try to upgrade another name if possible. I disagree, in that Clippard is eating up k's and ERA WhIp, nothing wrong with that in a 12-team. I'd be interested in what you've got on FA, but Freese/Pods are nice bench players. As far as a trade, Miguel and Cano are both playing out of their minds, but they are also guys that could and should keep it up, hate to see you move them unless you're really getting the value back. Miguel for a Tex/Howard might get you enough of a bump to turn Baker into a true ace? I'm not going to whole-heartedly endorse that though...I agree Harden is worth a pick up, depending on what else is out there. Beautiful offense though.

Any thoughts?http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=410652
Bferryvt
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team