Please help...What is WRONG here? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please help...What is WRONG here? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please help...What is WRONG here? WHIR

Postby Bferryvt » Wed May 05, 2010 12:07 am

I would REALLY appreciate some thoughtful analysis here..

My 12-team H2H 6x6 (hits/runs/avg/hr/rbi/wins/saves/qs/whip/era/k's) is 9th or worse in 5 of the 6 offensive categories, practically punting saves and I'm falling behind quickly. I loved my team pre-season and have written off the slow start, but now I'm starting to worry. Can anyone offer an objective perspective on what needs to be done here? Patience, big moves, or minor adjustments? Post below and I'd be glad to help in return!

I know the outfield is ugly, but wheres the trade value to fix it? Halladay? I can't imagine moving him, but maybe thats the answer...I offered McCutchen for Either and it is being 'mulled over'........Chipper was dropped, should I grab him over Coughlin or Simon? Howard and Tex are slow starters I know..

C - J.Kendall
1B - Mark Teixeira
2B - Howie Kendrick
SS - Jason Bartlett
3B - Evan Longoria
IF - Ryan Howard
OF - BJ Upton
OF - Adam Jones
OF - Andrew McCutchen
OF - Juan Pierre
Utility - Juan Uribe
BE- Kyle Blanks, Chris Coghlin

SP - Halladay
SP - Lester
SP - Cain
SP - Scherzer
SP - Slowey
SP - LeBlanc
RP - Aardsma
RP - Lindstrom
RP - Simon
RP - Clippard

DL -Brett Anderson
DL - Eric Bedard
Bferryvt
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please help...What is WRONG here? WHIR

Postby djfoss73 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:14 pm

teixeira should pick up soon, howard's been off his game for a couple weeks and none of your guys has really played above his game to make up for that so im not too surprised--after all, two of what i assume were your higher picks are significantly underperforming at the moment, like you said. i wouldn't panic, but i agree your OF needs help--i would say you're better off keeping coughlin because he'll also play better than his start indicates and overall don't bail on guys just because of a bad start. trading halladay would be a decent call if you get at least the value you should for him. if you can significantly improve in a couple hitting positions and pick up a solid mid-tier pitcher i would do it, but otherwise id look for smaller deals and work it piece by piece--Uribe might get you some value depending how smart your opponents are. in the meantime, see who's available on the wire--even if the best OF you can get is someone like JD Drew who's hot for a week or two as a temp, or someone who's been seriously underperforming like hunter pence, jason kubel, etc. that could be worth it. chipper...im not a fan, but objectively thats probably not a terrible pick up.

basically, hold the guys you drafted with high expectations and wait for them to pick it up, figure out who you're willing to trade for some short-term help, and see who's cheap now but will eventually start hitting would be my advice. your pitching is good for a 12 team league, so build on that and see what smaller moves you could make to bolster your lineup, especially in the OF.
djfoss73
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Please help...What is WRONG here? WHIR

Postby Bferryvt » Wed May 05, 2010 11:54 pm

I've condsidered offering Halladay/Something for JUpton/JJohnson, that's probably a reasonable option right? Would AJones be a good 'Something' or is that too much? JUpton won't fix my average, but would be a NICE upgrade...
Bferryvt
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team