garret anderson and nomar, injuries? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

garret anderson and nomar, injuries?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

garret anderson and nomar, injuries?

Postby mets4lifeyo » Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:45 pm

i have both these players on my fantasy team, does anyone have the inside scoop on how serious their injuries are and how long they'll be out? should i try to trade them now while their value's higher?
mets4lifeyo

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby ncstate04 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:24 pm

I also have nomar on my team. The sox are being very careful with nomar in spring training, so that they do not aggravate the injury any more. He may be ready for opening day, but I would guess he misses a few games. I wouldnt worry too much about it....it seems that the sox are being very cautious so he will be 100% come opening day. I would definately hold on to him if i were you.
ncstate04
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:40 pm

kind of OT, but watch out for Nomar on the road!!!

Maybe last year was freakish but his #s really dropped when he was on the road, to the point where it hurt my team a lot. If that particular trend continues, you would not be doing too bad to pick up oh, Julio Lugo or some other cost effective SS backup if there's room!!!

I didn't get a shot at him this year anyway but I do have Garrett Anderson. I'm kind of hoping that the shoulder will turn out to be analogous to Pujols throwing himself out THROWING as the Angels could somehow try to keep his bat in by sticking him at DH or something like that. The injury's not in his throwing arm though so I'm not quite sure what the prognosis would be.

I would hold onto Nomar but I am/ would considering shopping Anderson if the price is right. I guess I haven't seen anything really concrete about the injury so I'm not sure that his value will be enough to justify junking him though. If he gets 'better' or can hit as DH for them, he might still put up some pretty decent #s.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby afromangettindrunk » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:51 am

i got nomah! and im holdin on to him hes gonna be a madman this year.
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:49 am

I certainly hope so, as he is one of my favorite players from a personal point of view, and was, in fact, a madman statwise...when the Sox were @ home last year.

On the road, OTOH, he was not NEARLY as dependable. The Bosox west coast road trip during the first week of the H2H playoffs did not help my team (nor did having Millar and Mueller either...). Splitwise the stats: Home .359 Avg, .403 OBP 1.050 OPS. On the road, .243, .286, .687. Over 100 points of BA gone on the road. For the Sox' sake, I hope that last year was a fluke and that that is not an issue for him.

afromangettindrunk wrote:i got nomah! and im holdin on to him hes gonna be a madman this year.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby ferris182 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:00 pm

Hold onto Nomar, but try to trade Anderson for a safer OF, like Chipper or Andruw, or try for Vernon.
ferris182
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers