not sure what moves to make-WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

not sure what moves to make-WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

not sure what moves to make-WHIR

Postby djfoss73 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:36 am

hey, so my first year playing fantasy, so i'm still learning how actual baseball ability translates--would really appreciate tips on what moves i should be looking to make next, happy to offer whatever help i can in return. this was an espn autodrafted team, have made several moves thanks to early injuries. league is a 10-team mixed league H2H (pretty sure its standard, but the categories are R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, QS, K, SV/HD, ERA, WHIP)

C- G Soto
1B- R Howard
2B- B Phillips
3B- J Cantu
SS- E Andrus
2B/SS- J Uribe
1B/3B- L Berkman
OF-B Abreu
OF-I Suzuki
OF-Marion Byrd
UTIL-F Gutierrez
Bench-S Podsednik, J Guillen
SP-J Lester, F Hernandez, J Peavy, J Danks, S Marcum, B Penny
RP- J Valverde, D Aardsma, M Capps, J Zumaya
DL- B Roberts, K Suzuki, J De La Rosa

so, i'm not really sure what to do now--obviously Uribe is an iffy sub for injured Roberts, Podsednik and Guillen aren't likely to continue doing well (got both off waivers so not too concerned), so im in the market for a 2B/SS and possibly an OF. My pitching has been getting better after I was able to pick up Penny, Marcum, and Peavy off waivers to replace E Santana, injured de la Rosa, and Rick Porcello who I hopefully won't regret dropping.

Questions--is a mid reliever like Zumaya worth keeping at all? He's picked up 2 wins and 4 holds, plus a lot of extra Ks and a moderate improvement to ERA/WHIP but I don't know if thats worth the roster slot as opposed to either another closer (probably not a great one-hoffman or lindstrom are available on waivers).
--if i'm looking to get a better 2B/SS, is Alberto Callaspo worth a shot (hes on the wire) or should I be looking for deals (Jose Lopez is the only 2B I know someone's looking to deal, and after his April I could probably get him cheap)
--generally am I missing anything fantasy-wise? like i said, first year doing this and would like to improve on a 14-32 start. thanks guys--like i said, i'm happy to share baseball advice, but my fantasy knowledge is pretty limited.
djfoss73
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: not sure what moves to make-WHIR

Postby djfoss73 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:40 am

oh, and i have the opportunity to grab DiceK off waivers--im leaning towards doing it and looking to deal a pitcher for infield help, but is having him and peavy too risky given their starts?
djfoss73
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bferryvt » Wed May 05, 2010 4:29 pm

How are you in the standings? Your team looks great to me for an autodraft. I personally like a reliable mid-reliver like Bard/Zumaya/Clippard as it gets you a k and innings, and every once in awhile you get that win or save which is nice, and if you count holds you really NEED at least one don't you? Depends on the team, and on the waiver wire. Dice-k could have a decent year, but will KILL your WHIP, and may not clean up the Wins with the Sox playing as they are right now, and isn't a lock for QS since he gets in so many jams early, historically at least...

Any thoughts on mine, the opinion of a knowledgable newbie is always appreciated here
Bferryvt
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bferryvt » Wed May 05, 2010 4:30 pm

Bferryvt
College Coach
College Coach

Postby djfoss73 » Wed May 05, 2010 4:56 pm

thanks--i was mostly concerned because the team looked good to me too but i was doing poorly, but i think a lot of that was scrambling to replace all the injuries.
djfoss73
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team