sp-c.j. wilson
sp-jaime garcia
sp-jeff niemann
sp-stephen strasburg
rp-brian wilson
rp-carlos marmol
rp-matt lindstrom
rp-jose contreras

I feel like i need a step up in the 1B department.. About 2 weeks ago my league vetoed a trade in which i would have recieved Mark teixera in return for matt garza and lance berkman( at that point i still had tommy hanson who i later traded for andre ethier, which seems to have worked out for me in the last week)

whats your opinion on aaron hill this year.. i drafted him much higher than his ADP( fell to me in the 7th round so i had to pull the trigger, didnt have a second basemen yet and couldnt ignore 36 homers last year)
hooper292
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: what do you think

Postby djfoss73 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:06 pm

aaron hill should be fine, his last two games have looked much better and while he hasnt come back hot, he's a solid 2B (7th round might be a little high but i wouldn't complain too much). i personally am holding on to berkman for now but there's a possibility his knee is still a problem--you wont get value for him now though so id say keep (although you could put laroche in til berkman starts hitting, especially after his april--i would not say you're weak in the 1B dept with those two).

you might look for another catcher-Olivo's been alright but even in a 12 team league i would think you could do better, if nothing else keep an eye on K Suzuki coming back from the DL since he's available in a lot of leagues and should provide some power with a decent average.

your starters look pretty good to me, your relievers are alright but nothing special--contreras isn't doing much for you unless lidge blows up (because charlie manuel seems to have a weird crush on lidge despite his continued mediocrity), and the other 3 should put up decent numbers. if you could work getting a better closer for contreras' spot without giving up too much it could be worthwhile but not a top priority.
djfoss73
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Padres Fan » Tue May 04, 2010 1:21 pm

agreed catcher needs upgrade, but not a priority and also agree on playing LaRoche until Berman starts to hit, I thought earlier that Zobrist was overvalued and it is showing but he is still decent. OF looks good, and the SP is great I love what Ubaldo is doing, RP is solid but not lights out.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=410583
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby hooper292 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:22 pm

this league has a 1300 inning cap so K/9 is basically a category.. if i can pull off a pujols for ubaldo trade thats a no-brainer right?
hooper292
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Padres Fan » Tue May 04, 2010 4:30 pm

hooper292 wrote:this league has a 1300 inning cap so K/9 is basically a category.. if i can pull off a pujols for ubaldo trade thats a no-brainer right?

Wrong forum but I would definately do that, but doubt it could be accomplished, Berkman may need to be included too, to get even a look, unfortunately in Fantasy Baseball, even semi star players are regarded higher than top tier pitchers.

Oh Thanks for the help with mine, btw.
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team