100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A-Rod

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: A-Rod

Postby Geek » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:18 am

urbanbreez wrote:
Guaranteed.

Lot of baseball left this year, old chap. I'm booking this quote in case you need a helping of your own words to eat later.

Yes. I daresay my prognosis is looking better than the prognosis that 30 HR is his floor and that he's a lock to hit 30 HR. Heck, he has to raise his game just to cross 20 this year. Kevin Youkilis and Ryan Zimmerman posted better numbers last year than A-Rod will finish with this year, and they were both third round picks this spring. 25-30 HR from a 3b is just not very special these days.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Carns518 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:16 am

Just traded A-Rod to another owner for David Wright straight up. I've been called crazy by two different owners. The more they call me crazy, the more I think I made the right move. He is going to be battling this hip thing all season IMO, plus the groin. Let's face it, the guy is getting old and his body is breaking down for multiple reasons. I was extremely happy to score a 26 (I think) -year old, 5 cat stud for Gay-Roid. Also, I agree with the guy on the previous page. Unless A-Rods goes ballistic from here on out, there is no way he is drafted in the first round, unless it's one of those Yank-slurpers. He would need to start getting hot right now (he currently is even hitting the baseball, let alone home runs), and would need to continue through the rest of the season, while he battles the hip, groin, and any other issues coming down the line. Sound likely?
Carns518
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Carns518 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:19 am

Carns518 wrote:Just traded A-Rod to another owner for David Wright straight up. I've been called crazy by two different owners. The more they call me crazy, the more I think I made the right move. He is going to be battling this hip thing all season IMO, plus the groin. Let's face it, the guy is getting old and his body is breaking down for multiple reasons. I was extremely happy to score a 26 (I think) -year old, 5 cat stud for Gay-Roid. Also, I agree with the guy on the previous page. Unless A-Rods goes ballistic from here on out, there is no way he is drafted in the first round, unless it's one of those Yank-slurpers. He would need to start getting hot right now (he currently is even hitting the baseball, let alone home runs), and would need to continue through the rest of the season, while he battles the hip, groin, and any other issues coming down the line. Sound likely?

I obviously meant "he currently is NOT even hitting the baseball, let alone HR's"
Carns518
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Geek » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Carns518 wrote:Just traded A-Rod to another owner for David Wright straight up. I've been called crazy by two different owners. The more they call me crazy, the more I think I made the right move. He is going to be battling this hip thing all season IMO, plus the groin. Let's face it, the guy is getting old and his body is breaking down for multiple reasons. I was extremely happy to score a 26 (I think) -year old, 5 cat stud for Gay-Roid. Also, I agree with the guy on the previous page. Unless A-Rods goes ballistic from here on out, there is no way he is drafted in the first round, unless it's one of those Yank-slurpers. He would need to start getting hot right now (he currently is even hitting the baseball, let alone home runs), and would need to continue through the rest of the season, while he battles the hip, groin, and any other issues coming down the line. Sound likely?

You stole the other guy blind.

As someone observed, he looks like an old man walking on ice. His HR/FB ratio is also alarmingly low, indicating that when he does put lift on the ball, he's just not able to put a charge into it anymore--at least not like he used to be able to.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers