Rotisserie vs. Fantasy Points - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rotisserie vs. Fantasy Points

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rotisserie vs. Fantasy Points

Postby rebeljch » Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:48 pm

I have played in a league for 2 years where virtually every statistical category was used. You gained or lost points for everything. I've never played 5x5 or any other Rotisserie style.

Question: What are the considered "pros vs cons" of a Fantasy Points league vs. Rotisserie?
rebeljch
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jnr98 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:26 pm

I'm a FP junkie. I found relying on just 5 cat's or so was limiting and not fully representative of a player's total game. Esp since one of those cat's was steals, and the days of lotsa SB are behind us. FP allows "rewards" for extra base hits, runs, RBI, and things like that, while "penalizes" for K's and errors. Captures a player's total game.

Maybe I'm outnumbered, and probably so, but I much prefer a h2h FP league than anything else!
You may remember him as Joe the Policeman from the "What's Goin' Down?" episode of That's My Momma! Please welcome, Jackson Heights' own, Mr. Randy Watson! Sexual Chocolate!!!
jnr98
College Coach
College Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:12 pm

short answer: roto rules, points suck

long answer: since MOST Leagues are still 4x4 or 5x5, it is easy to study for them. every website, every magazine, and just common sense from looking at last year's stats will let you scout for a roto league. points leagues are all different. each one has its own "better" point system. the only way to correctly scout a points league is to add up everyones points from the year before.
who wants to do that???

h2h is also completely ridiculous because you could very easily have the best team and not be on top of the standings do to other people having their best nights/weeks against you.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:21 am

Roto captures whats important, at least the 5x5 do. Points league i have found to be way off in terms of value. You see stars sometimes earning less points then average guys.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 303)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Return to Baseball Leftovers