Need help with Strategy in a k/9 league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need help with Strategy in a k/9 league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need help with Strategy in a k/9 league

Postby easygoing » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:59 pm

I am in a 6x6, 13 man roto league. The draft was held last night and right before I drafted, I found out the pitching categories:
W, S, K, ERA, Whip, and K/9. Now, I have never played in a league where K/9 was used, but I drafted the best I could. I can start two closers each sunday, and those guys are in for the week. My pitching staff looks like this:
Oswalt, Santana, Pineiro, Wakefield, Milton, and Eaton, with Matnei, Riske, and Mesa closing.
Again, I start 4 pitchers and 2 closers each week.

Any recommendations - should I add middle relief, should I not use one of these starters. Please let me know.
Middle Relievers available include:
Valverde
R. Soriano
B. Ryan
T. Gordon
K. Farnsworth
Remlinger
S. Williamson
B. Lidge
Oliver Perez
F. Rodney
easygoing
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Apex » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:10 pm

If you can only start 2 closers per week, I'd pick up Valverde and wait for him to possibly get the closer job in Arizona. Mesa does you little good.

(All this assumes that Riske is the closer in Cleveland and there are no closers available in your league.)

As for your question, I wouldn't concentrate too much on K/9. You have some starters that will help you out, and the 2 closers per week rule hurts you as far as using middle relievers goes.
Apex
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bucsfan04 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:01 pm

I don't think Mesa is gonna have a good year, especially with the Pirates. If you really need k/9, id pick up Farnsworth but here's my tip: don't pay much attention to k/9. Also, dump Mesa and pick up Riske.
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Return to Baseball Leftovers