Brandon Wood? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brandon Wood?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brandon Wood?

Postby theclefe » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Coming off a quick five-game hitting streak going 6 for 17. Has SS now. No extra base hits though in that span.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gnarboots11 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:20 pm

I've seen his hits, they are nothing to write home about. He had a pretty decent opposite field line drive hit last night but the majority of his hits were weak ass bloopers and ground balls through the infield and what not. He is probably the worst baseball player I ever seen. I wouldn't touch him unless I was in a 30 team AL Only super mega dynasty keeper extreme league, and even then Id be lookin to sell high right now. His defense at SS really sucks too, Erick Aybar is supposed to be back this weekend, they hope and they pray he will be. Once that happens I dont see B Wood taking playing time from the crowd favorite Kevin "Kool Breeze" Frandsen at 3b who has been a spark plug since the Angels brought him up.

Guess who has 2 K's and booting the ball around at SS on routine groundballs which turns into a run tonight? Yep. god he sucks
gnarboots11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gnarboots11 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:43 am

He just got another weak single bloop into right center and with a runner on 3rd and him on 1st he got picked off on the fake to 3rd turn around throw to 1st move!!!! LOLOL that never works!!! everybody makes fun of that move! Whens the last time you seen it work??!?! haha man, he is absolutely the worst player in the MLB today right now. Word on the street he is dumber than a bag of rocks, and he sure looks it. Don't be surprised if he is designated for assignment once the Angels get players back. He doesn't belong in the big leagues and he is out of options to be sent down to the minors. He will be out of baseball very soon.
gnarboots11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:25 am

Coming into today, Wood has been worth -17.2 wRAA (park adjusted batting runs above average). Last year's worst hitter by that metric, Yuniesky Betancourt, stood at -24.2 wRAA. However, it took Betancourt 508 PA to put up that mark, and Wood has only 153 PA to his name. If he were to have 508 PA at this pace, he would have an astounding -57.1 wRAA. To put that into perspective, the only player in 2009 to exceed +57.1 wRAA was Pujols. Think about it. The only way you can pair Wood with another player and break even on value is by pairing him with the best player in the league.

Edit: forgot to prorate Wood to the 700 PA Pujols had. Now he's up to an astounding -78.7 wRAA. Not even Pujols can make up for how bad Wood is. !+) You'll need something like Howard (37.7) plus MCab (41.5) to make up for Wood's awfulness. 8-o

Other tidbits:
3 XBH in 25 hits in 153 PA
The two home runs he's hit went 360 feet and 375 feet, respectively (one classified as just enough and the other just enough/lucky)
.049 ISO nestled between Yunel Escobar and Jason Kendall
0.07 BB per strikeout, worst in the league (Cliff Lee-esque 41 K to 3 BB)
OPS+ is 11 (100 is average, bell curve)
389 career PA in the MLB with a .185/.209/.277 slash line

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:53 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:Coming into today, Wood has been worth -17.2 wRAA (park adjusted batting runs above average). Last year's worst hitter by that metric, Yuniesky Betancourt, stood at -24.2 wRAA. However, it took Betancourt 508 PA to put up that mark, and Wood has only 153 PA to his name. If he were to have 508 PA at this pace, he would have an astounding -57.1 wRAA. To put that into perspective, the only player in 2009 to exceed +57.1 wRAA was Pujols. Think about it. The only way you can pair Wood with another player and break even on value is by pairing him with the best player in the league.

Edit: forgot to prorate Wood to the 700 PA Pujols had. Now he's up to an astounding -78.7 wRAA. Not even Pujols can make up for how bad Wood is. !+) You'll need something like Howard (37.7) plus MCab (41.5) to make up for Wood's awfulness. 8-o

Other tidbits:
3 XBH in 25 hits in 153 PA
The two home runs he's hit went 360 feet and 375 feet, respectively (one classified as just enough and the other just enough/lucky)
.049 ISO nestled between Yunel Escobar and Jason Kendall
0.07 BB per strikeout, worst in the league (Cliff Lee-esque 41 K to 3 BB)
OPS+ is 11 (100 is average, bell curve)
389 career PA in the MLB with a .185/.209/.277 slash line

Dear Angels,
LOL

Regards,

Oakland A's
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby gnarboots11 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:20 pm

So you're saying that my 2 eye assessment of him being the worst player I ever seen play baseball is actually 100% correct with supporting technical documentation? The stats don't lie my friends, Brandon Wood is the worst player in the MLB. Throw in the fact his defense sucks, and he gets picked off on pitching moves practiced by 12 year olds, wow. He is so bad, that you may want to add him to your team just so you can say you own the worst player to ever play baseball in the MLB.
gnarboots11
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers