WTH is wrong with Grady Sizemore? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

WTH is wrong with Grady Sizemore?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WTH is wrong with Grady Sizemore?

Postby chiray » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Anyone have any hope for this guy? Is he hiding an injury? Is there any talk of him struggling due to being put in the 2 hole in the lineup (retarded move imo)? I never thought that I would draft this guy, but somehow I did, and he is absolutely worthless right now. Can't consider trading him, because he has almost no value. I'm starting to consider starting Maybin over him full time. Any reason for hope?
chiray
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WTH is wrong with Grady Sizemore?

Postby ABA316 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:04 am

Sounds like might be time to start benching him till he shows signs of a pulse..
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Reeron » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:27 am

ABA316 wrote:Sounds like might be time to start benching him till he shows signs of a pulse..

If only that were an option. I play in a daily league where you are allowed 3 add/drops per week. Your bench players get used every week as you can rotate them in any time you want (everyone has only pitchers on their bench for obvious reasons). Nope, hiding a guy on the bench just won't work, especially a hitter. And yes, Sizemore sucks hard. He has shown zero signs of breaking out of this 3+ week slump. I may have wasted a 4th round pick on him.
Reeron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Fender1114 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Ouch 4th round for Sizemore? That hurts.

He really hasn't been good since '08, and I think he's only hit over .300 in a month once in like 3 years or something. He'll play better than this, but I don't have much hope for him bouncing back to producing anywhere near the value you picked him at. If you can get something decent in a trade, I'd deal him.
Fender1114
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ABA316 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:15 pm

I kept him for a 16th round pick and I'm feeling the pain..ugh! Really doubt I could get much for him in a trade now in the league I play in, and it's not like he's drop material either. Oh well..
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RowdyRed » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:29 pm

Fourth round was about right for Sizemore.

As someone said, he was good in '08. That is just over a full season ago, and he was hurt last year and had surgery at the end of August.

I kept him in my keeper league- I'm still getting inquiries into his availability. I still believe in him to some degree. You can bench a hitter in a league with just a few bench spots, and play him only when it is necessary. You can't drop him. If you don't want him, you trade him for whatever you can get. There really are no other options.

I've got him buried on my bench right now, but I am waiting for it to turn. Then again, I waited a long time for another Indian (Hafner) a few years back, and he still hasn't turned it around. I think Sizemore will get up to .265, 20 HR, 25 SB by the time it is all said and done, and that shouldn't be dropped. The one caveat is if the injury from last year is still bugging him.
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pangbones » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Poor hit % is killing his average. Maybe the move to the 2 hole is affecting him as well. I'm buying though. I agree with the preivious posters end of season projections. You may be able to get him dirt cheap right now.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby ytorf » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:59 am

He just got dropped in my league. Hoping to snag him up off waivers.
ytorf
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ABA316 » Sat May 01, 2010 1:49 am

IMO you have to make a stab at getting him off waivers.

He got a SB Thurs and went 2 for 5 tonight so hopefully he is waking up a little. I am a huge fan but even I am starting to think it's time to bench him if you have a better option.
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sun May 02, 2010 3:19 am

He's getting a bit more on track. I would have traded him for near nothing, but still holding onto his ST stats. Hopefully he pulls it around
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
P-Hamels,Nolasco,W.Rodriguez,Garza,Wagner,Aardsma
BN-Span,Slowey,Liriano,E.Santana,Gregg, Pelfrey, Street