Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: All Hail Halak!

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Did you know that Ron Hextall was a...

Did you know that Bobby Clarke did...

Did you know that Kate Smith...

Dude - one word for you - HATER!

:-b :-b

And I'm not so sure they are going to close us out on WED. We played them very well at home in both games. I can see us winning this one to force a game 7. The question then becomes: Can we win in CHI? It doesn't look like it, but that is why they play the games.

As for my Dad - yeah. We had a special year. Went to the World Series together (Game 3 loss), the Stanley Cup, the Baseball HOF, and we are headed to Canton in late July/early AUG. The baseball HOF was great. He can't read very well at 72 without his glasses, so we would come up on an exhibit and he'd say Joe Dimaggio, this, this, and this. Then I would read the plaques and it would say exactly the same thing! Baseball has been his life's work. He coached at the high school and collegiate levels for over 20 years. The man knows the game.

The Miller Lite girls were fun. They had a Twister board on the ground and I asked them if they would play Twister with my Dad. They said, "Sure!" but my Dad said no way and everyone laughed.
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Here we go! A little Kate Smith, followed by a little Mike Richards, Simon Gagne, and Danny Briere!

LET'S GO FLYERS!
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:30 pm

Hawks 4-3 :-D

I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me tonight.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ensanimal » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:35 pm

49 year wait is over. ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 120)

Postby joejlitz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:40 pm

:,-(
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jfg » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Who's the jerk that said "Well I didn't do it either, but I'm not going to cry" when Jeremy Roenick was getting a little emotional? I'm pretty sure Roenick's fist made him cry when they went off air.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:40 am

jfg wrote:Who's the jerk that said "Well I didn't do it either, but I'm not going to cry" when Jeremy Roenick was getting a little emotional? I'm pretty sure Roenick's fist made him cry when they went off air.

who cares? you definitely cant cry if you're JR on tv imo. it isnt like he retired last year from the hawks or didnt have his fair share of chances. im all for a little tear here or there under the right circumstances, but that wasnt one of them imo.

as for the series, im mad, sad and frustrated. there were so many opportunities left out there tonight and the series as a whole. the flyers could have beaten the black hawks and thats what is so hard to swallow right now.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:58 am

The Flyers could have beaten the Blackhawks because the Blackhawks let down, IMO. Honestly, I think the Blackhawks were the better team for at least 40 minutes last night (and probably the better team overall). However, the Flyers were still in it. Leighton let in 2 bad goals. That last one in overtime was absolute crap. Hug the post. Stand tall. That goal never goes in. :-t
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:29 am

joejlitz wrote:The Flyers could have beaten the Blackhawks because the Blackhawks let down, IMO. Honestly, I think the Blackhawks were the better team for at least 40 minutes last night (and probably the better team overall). However, the Flyers were still in it. Leighton let in 2 bad goals. That last one in overtime was absolute crap. Hug the post. Stand tall. That goal never goes in. :-t

He was hugging the post, the puck went far side. The trouble was that he was so far in his net that he was standing behind the goal line. But there's no need to be mad at Leighton, he only ever been a journeyman goalie he just played over his head for a while, there's zero in his past to show that his performance against the Canadiens was anything but an aberration. He got you to the finals so say thanks to him for that. If the Flyers want to be anything more than a 7th seed next year they need to go out and get a goalie. Halak is available.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby knapplc » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:35 pm

I will not convert to a hockey fan. But as a de facto fan of all of the Chicago teams, Da Bears, the Cubs, the Bulls and the Blackhawks (in that order), I am very happy for the Hawks. I even watched the last few minutes of the 2nd and the whole 3rd. Couldn't watch overtime because I had other business, but I was geeked to see them win.

First championship in Chicago since the Bullies had their run in the 90s. It's about time! ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk