Mike Stanton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mike Stanton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mike Stanton

Postby shmolex » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:17 pm

soty wrote:1/1 so far. Anyone see the hit? I was watching MLB Network/Strasburg. They mentioned something about them breaking in live for Stanton's AB's, but I never saw it. Oh well. Glad to see he has gotten off to a good start regardless. ;-D

Gameday has it as an infield hit, so not all that impressive
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby k.k. » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:27 pm

Stanton went 3 for 5, two runs scored, and only 1 strikeout.

Nice start rookie! ;-D
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 pm

two infield singles, fwtw

i like that he only K'd once. would have loved to see a walk
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby mt99808 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:58 pm

The first hit was a cheap infield hit. I didn't think he looked good at all in his first 3 AB's. He looked terrible on his strikeout and had a weak flyout. His 4th AB he hit a solid line drive the other way. His 5th AB he was the winning run at the plate with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th. He got ahead 2-0 on Lidge and I think he was sitting fastball and Lidge threw what looked like a weak slider or cutter (not sure if he throws a cutter) that was probably a few inches off the plate. He hit it hard right back up the middle and Lidge just got a piece of it slowing it down enabling the SS to make a play at 2nd but it was too late.
mt99808
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ROC AllStars » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:16 pm

Tough assignment for Stanton tonight, going against Halladay.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby BigLaBellski » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:29 am

I added him to my roster a few days prior to his call up, and while I'm hoping he can contribute I'm not exactly convinced it'll happen. He seems really raw and doesn't have a ton of minor league seasoning.

I think .260/15hr/50RBI and a ton of KO is a conservative projection of his expectation the rest of the season. He'll likely be hot and cold and worthy of spot starting when his matchups are good.
High and Tight Y'all!
BigLaBellski
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jackie hayes » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:45 pm

BigLaBellski wrote:I added him to my roster a few days prior to his call up, and while I'm hoping he can contribute I'm not exactly convinced it'll happen. He seems really raw and doesn't have a ton of minor league seasoning.

I think .260/15hr/50RBI and a ton of KO is a conservative projection of his expectation the rest of the season. He'll likely be hot and cold and worthy of spot starting when his matchups are good.

I'm not saying that couldn't happen, but I think the average has to be lower for a "conservative" projection.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 65)

Postby k.k. » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Stanton is not impressing anyone right now. Another 0 for 4 tonight vs. various TEX pitchers. Only 1 strikeout, if that can be taken as a positive. I'm going to have to dump him when N.Cruz is back on Tues.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:00 pm

k.k. wrote:Stanton is not impressing anyone right now. Another 0 for 4 tonight vs. various TEX pitchers. Only 1 strikeout, if that can be taken as a positive. I'm going to have to dump him when N.Cruz is back on Tues.

he had a fine week last week and is off to a slow start this week
granted, the 3/11 batting eye isn't good, but he's certainly not dumpable after just one-and-a-half weeks
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby k.k. » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:20 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
k.k. wrote:Stanton is not impressing anyone right now. Another 0 for 4 tonight vs. various TEX pitchers. Only 1 strikeout, if that can be taken as a positive. I'm going to have to dump him when N.Cruz is back on Tues.

he had a fine week last week and is off to a slow start this week
granted, the 3/11 batting eye isn't good, but he's certainly not dumpable after just one-and-a-half weeks

He's very dumpable after 1.5 weeks in re-draft leagues. I grabbed him on a whim as it was. In my case, with Cruz coming back, Stanton does not provide value above my other outfielders, Pence, Rasmus, BJ Upton, Span, and Coghlan. Thus, dumpable.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers