MINOR LEAGUE PROSPECTING - 15 SP to watch for mixed leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MINOR LEAGUE PROSPECTING - 15 SP to watch for mixed leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: MINOR LEAGUE PROSPECTING - 15 SP to watch for mixed leagues

Postby k.k. » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:06 pm

It's official now, Daniel Hudson will start Sunday vs. Greinke.

According to MLB.com, White Sox SP Daniel Hudson will make his 2010 debut when he faces off against the Royals on Sunday.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby neoforce » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:53 am

Anyone have thoughts on two Marlins possibilities:

Alejandro Sanabia, now up in the majors, had two nice outings but against week teams. Faces the braves next so we will see.

Sean West, former first round draft pick, in the big leagues last year, was on the Minor League DL the first few months this year, now seems healthy, with good reports from recent starts.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby k.k. » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:04 pm

Daniel Hudson about to make his 2nd start for the White Sox, vs. SEA. Hopefully he can have a better outing than his first, which was somewhat forgettable.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:48 am

neoforce wrote:Alejandro Sanabia, now up in the majors, had two nice outings but against week teams. Faces the braves next so we will see.

I nabbed him in a 20 man dynasty at the start of the week. He's completely flying under the radar but has done well at every stop in his young career despite an explosive fastball. His changeup is supposedly really really good (and slider is decent) + his FB has gained a few ticks since last year. Since he's still filling out, it could go up a couple more mph and possibly sit around 92-93. Sickels told me if he can maintain his excellent control he could get a grade of a B.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Bajecco » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Michael Pineda SP, Seattle

There were rumors that he would get the call after Cliff Lee left town, but obviously that did not happen. I've heard that Seattle will not call him up until Sept and that they will only use him out of the bullpen.

Does anyone have any insight into this kid? Is there any chance he will join Seattle's rotation? He has pitched pretty well at Tacoma (AAA) and his numbers indicate he is ready.
Bajecco
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby neoforce » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:00 pm

This thread hasn't been bumped in a while, but you should check out Jenrry Mejia. The Mets are stretching him out in AA and all expectations are that he comes back up to start. He had one minor blip as they were stretching him out but has been mostly lights out.

The last two games were 7 innings each. In those 14 innings 0 runs, 4 hits, 5 walks, 12 K
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bajecco » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:32 pm

neoforce wrote:This thread hasn't been bumped in a while, but you should check out Jenrry Mejia. The Mets are stretching him out in AA and all expectations are that he comes back up to start. He had one minor blip as they were stretching him out but has been mostly lights out.

The last two games were 7 innings each. In those 14 innings 0 runs, 4 hits, 5 walks, 12 K

Bumping this thread is a great idea. Now, if someone could figure out how to revive this dead (and sloppy) forum we may able to get some feedback.

I'm watching Mejia, Pineda, Kyle Gibson, Chris Archer and a few others. Hopefully some of these guys get a rotation spot.
Bajecco
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby EL BURRO » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:09 am

This forum was a good source of info in 2010. I know several of the arms in the minors made an impact throughout the year... So, Im going to start to update the watch list for 2011 following the announcement of ML rosters after Spring Training. Let me know what you guys would like to see added to it this year...Welcome all feedback (positive or negative).

Thx,
EL BURRO
- EL BURRO...
EL BURRO
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 110)

Postby ramble2 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:08 pm

EL BURRO wrote:This forum was a good source of info in 2010. I know several of the arms in the minors made an impact throughout the year... So, Im going to start to update the watch list for 2011 following the announcement of ML rosters after Spring Training. Let me know what you guys would like to see added to it this year...Welcome all feedback (positive or negative).

Thx,
EL BURRO

I found this to be one of the most useful threads of all last season. Glad to hear you're planning on doing it again. You might consider starting a new thread rather than continuing this one, although either way it will be a winner.

Thanks.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby West » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Sorry that I didn't see this thread last year. Keep up the good work!
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers