MINOR LEAGUE PROSPECTING - 15 SP to watch for mixed leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MINOR LEAGUE PROSPECTING - 15 SP to watch for mixed leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: MINOR LEAGUE PROSPECTING - 15 SP to watch for mixed leagues

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:54 pm

bazzy_51 wrote: There are 2 sides to every coin, yes TJ has been bad for some pitchers, but in other pitchers it has totally turned their careers around. Look at Liriano, after his brilliance a couple years back he fell flat on his face, now this year, after TJ, he is back making hitters look silly.

Mariano Rivera
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:02 am

Arrieta has a 1.9 K/BB during his second go-around in AAA. I'd temper my expectations, this isn't Tillman or Matusz we're dealing with.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 134)

Postby k.k. » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:01 am

Bit of a bummer of a debut for Brad Lincoln last night. Gave up 5 runs in six innings of work, but according to ESPN was victimized by some poor Pirates defense which would have prevented some of the damage. Still, he did throw 56 of his 81 pitches for strikes. Do you guys think he's worth giving another start or two?

Lincoln gave up five runs in six innings on Wednesday, but was let down by some questionable defense.
An Adam Dunn dinger was a no-doubter, but the Pirates were unable to make any of three defensive plays in the bottom of the fourth that could've prevented three runs. Lincoln, who showed his athleticism with two hits and an RBI, threw 56 of 81 pitches for strikes in his six frames. His next start will come on Tuesday at home against the White Sox.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby EL BURRO » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:02 pm

k.k. wrote:Bit of a bummer of a debut for Brad Lincoln last night. Gave up 5 runs in six innings of work, but according to ESPN was victimized by some poor Pirates defense which would have prevented some of the damage. Still, he did throw 56 of his 81 pitches for strikes. Do you guys think he's worth giving another start or two?

Lincoln gave up five runs in six innings on Wednesday, but was let down by some questionable defense.
An Adam Dunn dinger was a no-doubter, but the Pirates were unable to make any of three defensive plays in the bottom of the fourth that could've prevented three runs. Lincoln, who showed his athleticism with two hits and an RBI, threw 56 of 81 pitches for strikes in his six frames. His next start will come on Tuesday at home against the White Sox.

Like I said in my post above, Id treat with kid gloves. hes not pitching in a great park, nor does he have an offense that can support him. Depending on your league size, Id strictly go match-up play. If its an NL only league (12 teams +) Id roll dice.
- EL BURRO...
EL BURRO
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 110)

Postby k.k. » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:03 pm

EL BURRO wrote:Like I said in my post above, Id treat with kid gloves. hes not pitching in a great park, nor does he have an offense that can support him. Depending on your league size, Id strictly go match-up play. If its an NL only league (12 teams +) Id roll dice.

Lincoln starts Tues vs. CHW. Is that a reasonable spot start in your mind? I am in a mixed league, H2H. I'm also targeting Morrow and/or Litsch for this weekend vs. COL (neither slots up against Jimenez either).
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ramble2 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:19 pm

EL BURRO wrote:** JUNE UPDATE **

JUNE RANKINGS
(current ranking / team / last month ranking / current stats)

#11. Daniel Hudson - Chicago White Sox, AAA (May Rank: 9)
5-2 (9 starts), 4.47 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, 59 Ks thru 48 innings pitched.

fyi: Hudson looks to be getting the call for a start against KC this Sunday.

El Burro --- I found this to be one of the most useful posts of the season on the Cafe. Awesome job and thanks. ;-D
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:08 pm

ramble2 wrote:
EL BURRO wrote:** JUNE UPDATE **

JUNE RANKINGS
(current ranking / team / last month ranking / current stats)

#11. Daniel Hudson - Chicago White Sox, AAA (May Rank: 9)
5-2 (9 starts), 4.47 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, 59 Ks thru 48 innings pitched.

fyi: Hudson looks to be getting the call for a start against KC this Sunday.

El Burro --- I found this to be one of the most useful posts of the season on the Cafe. Awesome job and thanks. ;-D

Hudson will be getting the call, and will sky rocket up the ranks this year. With Peavy done for the year with the detached shoulder tendon, this is huge for Daniel. He will get a very, very legit shot to become a fantasy relevant starting pitcher.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby k.k. » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:26 pm

Would you recommend dropping Gio Gonzalez to get Daniel Hudson in? Is Hudson confirmed yet for Sunday's start. KC will counter with Greinke if I'm not mistaken.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DaSh 1s » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:54 pm

k.k. wrote:Would you recommend dropping Gio Gonzalez to get Daniel Hudson in? Is Hudson confirmed yet for Sunday's start. KC will counter with Greinke if I'm not mistaken.

WHIR
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby k.k. » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:05 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
k.k. wrote:Would you recommend dropping Gio Gonzalez to get Daniel Hudson in? Is Hudson confirmed yet for Sunday's start. KC will counter with Greinke if I'm not mistaken.

WHIR

Uh, yes, I always WHIR. Care to offer an opinion on the question I posed? Or are you just here to police the site?
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers