MINOR LEAGUE PROSPECTING - 15 SP to watch for mixed leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MINOR LEAGUE PROSPECTING - 15 SP to watch for mixed leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: MINOR LEAGUE PROSPECTING - 15 SP to watch for mixed leagues

Postby HighHeater » Tue May 25, 2010 7:45 pm

Skin Blues wrote:
Tavish wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:Not for this season. By the looks of things he's barely ready for AA, let alone

Daniel Hudson. Destroyed AA as a 22 year old. Was pretty good when promoted to AAA as well with a K per inning and K/BB of about 2.67. Wasn't so hot in his september call-up, but he's clearly improved his game since then. This season in AAA he's progressed even more with a K/BB of 4.21 while striking out 11 per 9. I don't know how well that will translate to the majors, but I like him for this season more than anybody other than Strasburg and Hellickson.

some kid named Derek Holland was putting up video game numbers in AAA before his impressive 3 starts in the show recently. I really doubt Hudson and Hellickson out-produce him this season, and neither has his ceiling.
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Tue May 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Well he's already been called up... we're talking about yet-to-occur 2010 call-ups and the effect they'll have this season.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 150)

Postby the ROC » Tue May 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Kyle Gibson definitely should be considered on here. He was the #2 prospect in the 09 draft before he fractured his arm or something like that and fell to the twins in the 20's. He's in triple A now, although the twins aren't fans of rushing their pitchers.

I made a bet in 2003 that the Devil Rays would win the 2008 World Series. Oh so close.
the ROC
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Location: Defending my Baseball, Football, and Hockey Fantasy Championships

Postby kab21 » Wed May 26, 2010 2:36 am

the ROC wrote:Kyle Gibson definitely should be considered on here. He was the #2 prospect in the 09 draft before he fractured his arm or something like that and fell to the twins in the 20's. He's in triple A now, although the twins aren't fans of rushing their pitchers.

gibson only has a small chance of getting called up in September. so he won't pitch enough to make an impact. And he's in AA not AAA. And he's 22 and not 19 like an earlier post claimed. He deserves to be ranked right with Castro (#15) since they will probably have the same value this year (very little).
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 175)

Postby neoforce » Wed May 26, 2010 8:02 am

EL BURRO wrote:** JUNE UPDATE **
#7. Aroldis Chapman - Cincinnati Reds, AAA (May Rank: 2)
4-2 (8 starts), 3.98 ERA, 1.57 WHIP, 48Ks thru 40 innings pitched.
<...>
Let me know your thoughts or if you think there are some other names to add into the mix.

Thx,
EL BURRO

Why the signifcant downgrade? From #2 to #7?
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mac-unit » Wed May 26, 2010 4:53 pm

kab21 wrote:
the ROC wrote:Kyle Gibson definitely should be considered on here. He was the #2 prospect in the 09 draft before he fractured his arm or something like that and fell to the twins in the 20's. He's in triple A now, although the twins aren't fans of rushing their pitchers.

gibson only has a small chance of getting called up in September. so he won't pitch enough to make an impact. And he's in AA not AAA. And he's 22 and not 19 like an earlier post claimed. He deserves to be ranked right with Castro (#15) since they will probably have the same value this year (very little).

Gibson previous IP high: 106.2
Castro previous IP high: 140.1

Gibson is at 64.2 while Castro is at 51.1. Lets say they both increase previous highs by 40 innings, and I think it will be closer to 30 since both teams would probably be looking to take care of them. That would put Gibson at 81 more innings for this year while Castro has 129.

I'd say for this season Castros value is a good deal more then Gibsons. Latos is getting shut down early due to innings or the pads are atleast going to need a 6th starter if they are still in contention and I think Castro could be that person they call up for the replacment or the 6th person. While Gibson will probably get shut down at the end of August if not sooner, he is probably more of a dark horse to even get called up for the bullpen this year.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 16)

Postby kab21 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:27 am

mac-unit wrote:
kab21 wrote:

Gibson previous IP high: 106.2
Castro previous IP high: 140.1

Gibson is at 64.2 while Castro is at 51.1. Lets say they both increase previous highs by 40 innings, and I think it will be closer to 30 since both teams would probably be looking to take care of them. That would put Gibson at 81 more innings for this year while Castro has 129.

I'd say for this season Castros value is a good deal more then Gibsons. Latos is getting shut down early due to innings or the pads are atleast going to need a 6th starter if they are still in contention and I think Castro could be that person they call up for the replacment or the 6th person. While Gibson will probably get shut down at the end of August if not sooner, he is probably more of a dark horse to even get called up for the bullpen this year.

I still don't think either will make an impact this year because both are longshots to get called up. So that means they have about the same value.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 175)

Postby Lenny Dykstra » Thu May 27, 2010 6:59 pm

neoforce wrote:
EL BURRO wrote:** JUNE UPDATE **
#7. Aroldis Chapman - Cincinnati Reds, AAA (May Rank: 2)
4-2 (8 starts), 3.98 ERA, 1.57 WHIP, 48Ks thru 40 innings pitched.
<...>
Let me know your thoughts or if you think there are some other names to add into the mix.

Thx,
EL BURRO

Why the signifcant downgrade? From #2 to #7?

He's currently battling blister problems.
Lenny Dykstra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RedHopeful » Fri May 28, 2010 12:46 am

EL BURRO wrote:#13. Martin Perez - Texas Rangers, AA (May Rank: 10)
2-2 (8 starts), 4.91 ERA, 1.69 WHIP, 37 Ks thru 33 innings pitched.

You've really got the wrong Ranger up here. Tanner Scheppers has a very good chance on making the club at some point this year to help out in the bullpen. He's been absolutely lights out in the minors so far: 24 IP, 41 K's, 11 hits, 7 BB's, 1.13 ERA. :-L
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mac-unit » Fri May 28, 2010 1:32 am

RedHopeful wrote:
EL BURRO wrote:#13. Martin Perez - Texas Rangers, AA (May Rank: 10)
2-2 (8 starts), 4.91 ERA, 1.69 WHIP, 37 Ks thru 33 innings pitched.

You've really got the wrong Ranger up here. Tanner Scheppers has a very good chance on making the club at some point this year to help out in the bullpen. He's been absolutely lights out in the minors so far: 24 IP, 41 K's, 11 hits, 7 BB's, 1.13 ERA. :-L

He just had his first outting with 3 innings after 5 with 2 innings. I don't think they will put him in the pen unless desperate.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 16)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers