Kelly Johnson loves Chase Field - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kelly Johnson loves Chase Field

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Kelly Johnson loves Chase Field

Postby mtxdevil » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Damn this guy is on fire.
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby coma » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:33 pm

Kelly can't be stopped. So happy I was able to pick him up. Amazing game today.
coma
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby XFactah416 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Obviously KJ is mashing right now.. but how do people feel about the overall general outlook on him?

I liked him as a sleeper this year and drafted him in every single league. Is this just one of those "magical" years that comes along? Do people think the D'Backs will put back Conor Jackson in the leadoff slot when he is healthy?

I mean, I would sell high given the opportunity of course, but I don't think the market is going to be booming for KJ. Is there anything like ridiculously unsustainable about KJ right now besides his HR pace?
XFactah416
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 84)

Postby nsulham » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:33 pm

I went to my wire Sunday and was shocked he was still available so I snatched him up even though I have Cano. Trade proposals here I come.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby gnarboots11 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:38 pm

I can only drop porcello for him. which is tempting
gnarboots11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:45 pm

gnarboots11 wrote:I can only drop porcello for him. which is tempting

Thought you were a gamblin man that is gonna become a self made millionare off of betting on the internet? So willing to gamble with real money, but not gamble that KJ's hot start isn't just a 'hot start', but instead his true skill set? Hmmm, don't think your gonna make millions if you don't take a chance....

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby gnarboots11 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:51 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
gnarboots11 wrote:I can only drop porcello for him. which is tempting

Thought you were a gamblin man that is gonna become a self made millionare off of betting on the internet? So willing to gamble with real money, but not gamble that KJ's hot start isn't just a 'hot start', but instead his true skill set? Hmmm, don't think your gonna make millions if you don't take a chance....

Hey man, it aint gambling when it's a sure thing, and my knowledge of the game makes my picks against the spread A SURE THING.
gnarboots11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Matthias » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:53 pm

XFactah416 wrote:Obviously KJ is mashing right now.. but how do people feel about the overall general outlook on him?

I liked him as a sleeper this year and drafted him in every single league. Is this just one of those "magical" years that comes along? Do people think the D'Backs will put back Conor Jackson in the leadoff slot when he is healthy?

I mean, I would sell high given the opportunity of course, but I don't think the market is going to be booming for KJ. Is there anything like ridiculously unsustainable about KJ right now besides his HR pace?

Other than the HRs, I think Kelly is at a level of production that you could expect to continue. He had a good year at age 26 and then last year was hurt and unlucky. Now that he's in a good park for him and in a good lineup, he should be a solid option at MI.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kab21 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:03 pm

At least I got my top sleeper in one league. Unfortunately others in my leagues also liked KJ and he wasn't available at sleeper prices.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 171)

Postby thejusman1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:06 pm

Matthias wrote:
XFactah416 wrote:Obviously KJ is mashing right now.. but how do people feel about the overall general outlook on him?

Other than the HRs, I think Kelly is at a level of production that you could expect to continue. He had a good year at age 26 and then last year was hurt and unlucky. Now that he's in a good park for him and in a good lineup, he should be a solid option at MI.

I think we can give him more credit than MI here. He's definitely looking like a Top-12 2B this year, and possibly even Top-10, meaning shallow league owners should take notice.

Utley, Kinsler, Pedroia, BPhil, Cano, Hill... and I think KJ has to be next here (maybe Ian Stewart?). I'd definitely want him right now over Brian Roberts, who is coming back from an abdominal strain and a herniated disc during ST. Uggla will always be an avg. liability. Figgins is slumping, but even when healthy will have worse numbers in Safeco. Rickie Weeks is an injury waiting to happen. Asdrubal Cabrera is bleh. Beckham is in a terrible sophomore slump. Don't ask me what Zobrist is doing. Do you believe in McGehee? I'll tell ya what, I believe in KJ a lot more than McGehee, and I own both in one league.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers