Brett anderson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brett anderson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brett anderson

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Reeron wrote:Sorry, but in my rush to get this post done before I went to work (literally walking out the door as a wrote it), I incorrectly quoted Susan. Only the first sentence is her actual quote, the rest was written by me. SHE WAS NOT TAKING ANY SHOTS AT BUSTER OLNEY. I incorrectly quoted her, and I wasn't trying to take any shots at anyone either.

This is what I originally wrote:

"Brett Anderson (elbow, forearm) is slated to begin throwing in two weeks after an MRI on Tuesday revealed a muscle strain near his left flexor tendon. Might not be so bad after all. The A's manager and training staff said Buster Olney was incorrect as they never said anything about Anderson missing 4-6 weeks."

My post should have read:

"Brett Anderson (elbow, forearm) is slated to begin throwing in two weeks after an MRI on Tuesday revealed a muscle strain near his left flexor tendon. Might not be so bad after all. The A's manager and training staff never said anything about Anderson missing 4-6 weeks.

Looks like Olney was incorrect about giving a 4-6 weeks time-frame as Geren (and his training staff) never said that time-frame to anyone."

And yes, it will be closer to 3-4 weeks. At this point no one actually knows for sure, the A's are just giving the time-frame they think is appropriate. And there supposedly isn't any inflammation in his elbow as reported initially by ESPN. Whether Buster ends up being correct or not, I was just trying to make light of the fact that neither Geren nor his training staff gave a time-frame of 4-6 weeks to anyone (the way it was reported by ESPN made it seem like that's what the A's told them). And Susan only gave the exact info that was given to her. She said 2 weeks before he starts a throwing program. Sorry if I caused any problems.

No you were right, that is what Rotoworld.com had posted also that she actually said something about Buster Onley being wrong. But instead she is more wrong in this instance, and even more wrong and looking like a d-bag because she did try to call out a big time name like that.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wingman3110 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Well might as well ask you guys. B.A. was just dropped in my 12 team roto league should I pick him up and store him or wait a little bit?
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 138)

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:02 pm

wingman3110 wrote:Well might as well ask you guys. B.A. was just dropped in my 12 team roto league should I pick him up and store him or wait a little bit?

Really? Do you need to ask?
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby wingman3110 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:03 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
wingman3110 wrote:Well might as well ask you guys. B.A. was just dropped in my 12 team roto league should I pick him up and store him or wait a little bit?

No I just asked for no apparent reason
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby mtxdevil » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:25 pm

wingman3110 wrote:
RedSoxNation04 wrote:

Obviously stash him...
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:42 pm

wingman3110 wrote:
RedSoxNation04 wrote:

Not trying to be a jerk, but you only need to read a few posts around here to see that Anderson is a great talent and should be on your roster, DL or not. If you wait, you'll regret it later on.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Reeron » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Pick him up if you have the room. If he comes back healthy, he will definitely be worth it. I have both him and De La Rosa, and kept him but dropped De La Rosa as I only have room for one of them on my DL. Torn tendon band for De La Rosa will cost him at least 8 weeks before he is back in mlb games. And that's if all goes perfectly well. On the other hand, (no pun intended) Anderson should be fine and back to his near-ace self in about 4 weeks. Please, do yourself a favor and get him while you still can.
Reeron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Reeron » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:51 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
No you were right, that is what Rotoworld.com had posted also that she actually said something about Buster Olney being wrong. But instead she is more wrong in this instance, and even more wrong and looking like a d-bag because she did try to call out a big time name like that.

Yes, you are right too. I saw that Rotoworld post later last night.
Reeron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wingman3110 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:45 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
wingman3110 wrote:
RedSoxNation04 wrote:Really? Do you need to ask?

Not trying to be a jerk, but you only need to read a few posts around here to see that Anderson is a great talent and should be on your roster, DL or not. If you wait, you'll regret it later on.

Well I know I didnt state this anywhere before but I currently have Nelson Cruz and Erik Bedard on the DL and I only have one DL spot in my league.
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:07 pm

wingman3110 wrote:Well I know I didnt state this anywhere before but I currently have Nelson Cruz and Erik Bedard on the DL and I only have one DL spot in my league.

Anderson >>>>> Bedard

Cut Bedard and never look back.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates