Brett anderson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brett anderson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brett anderson

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:13 pm

Being reported now to be a flexor strain and he'll be out 4-6 weeks.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Reeron » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:21 am

D-backsFan wrote:Of course I have him and De La Rosa on my team. Damn.

Me too. :,-(

I also have Nelson Cruz and Brian Roberts. Been playing fantasy baseball since 2005 and have never had 4 guys on the DL at the same time. This hurts.
Reeron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wingman3110 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:01 am

So how bad of an injury is this? Will he be back to his norm?
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:56 pm

4-6 Weeks seems to be correct, pretty much everyone is reporting at least a month-month++ for this deal.

A's SP Brett Anderson will miss four to six weeks due to inflammation in his elbow and a strain in his forearm, according to ESPN. He was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday.
(Updated 04/27/2010).
Fantasy Analysis
Anderson wasn't diagnosed with any structural damage and should be fine after shutting it down for a month or so, but Fantasy owners will likely have to do without him until June. When healthy, Anderson is a solid start in all mixed formats.

-From CBSSports.com, which looks like the have the report from ESPN.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Reeron » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:24 pm

Still waiting for Tuesday afternoon's contrast MRI results to come back. Until then, 4-6 weeks is just an estimate. Once the results are in, the A's will give a real timetable for his return. Hopefully we'll here someting tonight.
Reeron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Reeron » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:05 pm

Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle just tweeted:

Brett Anderson (elbow, forearm) is slated to begin throwing in two weeks after an MRI on Tuesday revealed a muscle strain near his left flexor tendon. Might not be so bad after all. The A's manager and training staff said Buster Olney was incorrect as they never said anything about Anderson missing 4-6 weeks.

Stay tuned...........
Reeron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Nice update Reeron. Good news that it's a muscle and not the tendon. Anderson is the A's future so I'm glad they are being cautious with him.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby colby2152 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Good to hear that this guy will be coming back in due time. The A's are probably just being cautious about another excellent young SP of theirs.
ProFSL.com
colby2152
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:21 pm

I love the fact that this Susan Slusser tried to take a shot at Buster over this, fricken hilirarious. But she may want to think twice about calling out another big name reporter like that until she knows for sure that shes 100% correct.

Think about what is being said here, not only by Buster, but also by the finger pointing Susan; "To begin throwing in 2 weeks", key word there 'begin'. That isn't meaning he will START a game in 2 weeks, that means he will start throwing again in 2 weeks and hopefully has no set backs, but even if he doesn't that still means at least 3 weeks before he starts. Logic, in 2 weeks he starts throwing, give him a couple bullpen sessions to make sure he is good to go (obviously they won't be on back 2 back days, so give him 2-3 days of rest in between) and your looking at closer to the 4-6 Week projection from Buster then the 2 Weeks Susan is firm in believing. To be blunt Brett will NOT be scoring fantasy stats for you in 2 weeks at any rate, it will be at least 2+ weeks and closer to the magic 4 week mark then the 2 week mark.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Reeron » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:34 am

Sorry, but in my rush to get this post done before I went to work (literally walking out the door as a wrote it), I incorrectly quoted Susan. Only the first sentence is her actual quote, the rest was written by me. SHE WAS NOT TAKING ANY SHOTS AT BUSTER OLNEY. I incorrectly quoted her, and I wasn't trying to take any shots at anyone either.

This is what I originally wrote:

"Brett Anderson (elbow, forearm) is slated to begin throwing in two weeks after an MRI on Tuesday revealed a muscle strain near his left flexor tendon. Might not be so bad after all. The A's manager and training staff said Buster Olney was incorrect as they never said anything about Anderson missing 4-6 weeks."

My post should have read:

"Brett Anderson (elbow, forearm) is slated to begin throwing in two weeks after an MRI on Tuesday revealed a muscle strain near his left flexor tendon. Might not be so bad after all. The A's manager and training staff never said anything about Anderson missing 4-6 weeks.

Looks like Olney was incorrect about giving a 4-6 weeks time-frame as Geren (and his training staff) never said that time-frame to anyone."

And yes, it will be closer to 3-4 weeks. At this point no one actually knows for sure, the A's are just giving the time-frame they think is appropriate. And there supposedly isn't any inflammation in his elbow as reported initially by ESPN. Whether Buster ends up being correct or not, I was just trying to make light of the fact that neither Geren nor his training staff gave a time-frame of 4-6 weeks to anyone (the way it was reported by ESPN made it seem like that's what the A's told them). And Susan only gave the exact info that was given to her. She said 2 weeks before he starts a throwing program. Sorry if I caused any problems.
Reeron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates