Arizona Passes Law to Req Enforcement of Another Law - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Arizona Passes Law to Req Enforcement of Another Law

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Arizona Passes Law to Req Enforcement of Another Law

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue May 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Now we'll move onto the part where everyone pulls out biased statistics that prove their point.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Metroid » Tue May 25, 2010 12:16 pm

fdny92 wrote:
Metroid wrote:FYI, this country and its "American system" was built on the backs of immigrants, unless you are 100% Native American Indian you are a descendant of immigrants yourself. ;-)

Really?

Hey! I'm Irish,Native American & Spanish....So what catogory to I belong in?.... Don't make me pull out the Native Ameircan card on ya. lolololol

Read my post, it's pretty clear. Unless you are 100% Native American you are a descendant of immigrants. Again, this country was built on the backs of immigrants, this "American system" you claim immigrants are taking advantage of only exists because of immigrants like your forefathers.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue May 25, 2010 12:36 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Now we'll move onto the part where everyone pulls out biased statistics that prove their point.

That is surely a risk and while I'll avoid citing numerous links strewn with numbers (but Reason Magazine has a bunch of good links on the pro-immigration side: http://reason.com/search?cx=00010734234 ... Search#960) if opponents want to read up on the other side.

All I'm saying is that the law is clearly that illegal immigrants (i.e. "undocumented workers") do not legally qualify for welfare, and those "legal" immigrants (i.e. "documented workers) do not qualify until they have been in the U.S. for 5 years.

It's just the law.

Now immigrants' and/or their children can get some form of support like healthcare and education services, but in terms of actual, tangible supplemental income paid by the government, it just doesn't happen en masse.

Now sure, there may be people who can get around that with fake SSNs, but it certainly isn't an epidemic.

The whole "economic benefit" is where people could cherry pick statistics of what the costs and benefits are of immigration, and I agree that it would be pointless as it would just random link after random link.

I will say, that whenever the anti-immigration crowd talks about how bad immigration is, they talk about all the "costs" associated and how "immigration costs the US $XX billion a year, etc", it never factors in the benefits of having these people as well (e.g. sales taxes, jobs, and other value obtained), so they are only looking at one side of the coin.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby fdny92 » Tue May 25, 2010 12:43 pm

I can read your post....I am playin around.

My mother is 100% Chippewa Indian....the Chippewa are known for their exquisite bead work....the Chippewa were not violent Indians. You should see my mother's bead work. She gets a check every month from the govt...has been for the last 70 or so years and she had a job too! I could collect too because I am more than a quarter Native American,but I don't.

Why the quotes around "American System"... It's American right? It was not created in "CHINA" was it? It was created here in AMERICA by AMERICANS... no one else.

And yes.... you are right we come from immigrants... and they did not set up the programs we have today... these programs came about not to long ago.

And our forefathers then created these programs...

Curtis Pride....After you watch and read this....Are you going to say these men were racists?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_12m4Qe7Ic

Did you know this?
What did Hoover, Truman, and Eisenhower have in common?

Back during the Great Depression,
President Herbert Hoover ordered
the deportation of ALL illegal aliens
in order to make jobs available to American citizens
that desperately needed work.

President Harry Truman deported
over two million illegals
after WWII to create jobs for returning veterans.

In 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported
1 million three hundred thousand
Mexican nationals.

The program was called 'Operation Wetback.'

It was done so WWII and Korean Veterans
would have a better chance at jobs.

It took 2 years, but they deported them.

If they could deport the illegals back then,
they sure could do it today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback
Reinstate Pete Rose.... Rose belongs in the HOF!!!
fdny92
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Metroid » Tue May 25, 2010 12:58 pm

I put the quotes around "American System" to relate it to your post is all, don't read too much into it. My point remains, the system we have, the programs we have, the life we have, is all thanks to millions and millions of immigrants who worked hard and died harder to make America what it is.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue May 25, 2010 1:04 pm

You're asking if I think people who named a policy about mexicans "operation wetback" were racists? Seriously?

I don't know if they were racist or not - but yeah they probably were racists since they were president while the U.S. government sponsored segregation and other completely racist policies and they didn't do anything to overturn it.

And even if they weren't, it was still a stupid thing to do, because kicking people out of the country for any other reason than they are violent criminals or non-productive members of society is stupid.

Those "illegals" still spent money in the country, and still had jobs and provided economic benefit.
Last edited by Curtis Pride on Tue May 25, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fdny92 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:05 pm

+
Now immigrants' and/or their children can get some form of support like healthcare and education services, but in terms of actual, tangible supplemental income paid by the government, it just doesn't happen en masse.

Dude are serious??? Of course they get monies... for food to feed their children....they do get monies and with those monies I am sure the spend part of it on themselves or send it back to their native countries. When are you and people like you gonna wake up? Really....Yes some good does come out of illegals being here, but on a monetary level only.... and it does also cost states like Arizona millions to pay for their "stay".... the amount of hours that go into deporting them & etc.... The laws that Arizona passed were passed because the govt has been sitting on their hands for too long.... these laws were already federal laws. So Arizona took matters into their own hands.... and now Arizona is being labeled a state ran by racists. Which is BS. The liberals jumped on this... why....because if they can get Spanish American,Mexican American, etc...votes so they can save their political lives.

Look up the immigration laws of Mexico.

Anyways....it's all about divide an conquer...that's a whole other subject.
Last edited by fdny92 on Tue May 25, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fdny92
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fdny92 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Metroid wrote:I put the quotes around "American System" to relate it to your post is all, don't read too much into it. My point remains, the system we have, the programs we have, the life we have, is all thanks to millions and millions of immigrants who worked hard and died harder to make America what it is.

Agreed! To make what America what it is and to keep it that way.
fdny92
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue May 25, 2010 1:08 pm

Ok, you're ummm, not bright. So I'm going to move on.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fdny92 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:Ok, you're ummm, not bright. So I'm going to move on.

That's all you got?

Good Luck with your fantasy team.
fdny92
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk