This team is really bad, help me out WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

This team is really bad, help me out WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

This team is really bad, help me out WHIR

Postby Emerald8h » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:10 am

Hey I am in a yahoo 10 team points league with the following extremely hitter friendly stats:

Runs - 2
Single - 1
Double - 2
Triple - 3
HR - 3
RBI - 2
SB - 1
BB - 1
K's - -.5

Wins - 2
SHO - 2
SV - 1
K's - 1
ER - -.5

I drafted this damn team to be an offensive powerhouse and they stink. Pitching is almost worthless as it counts so little and there is so much to pick up in FA. I actually just dropped Peavy yesterday. Does anybody think I should part ways with some of these guys or hold on for the long run. I can also post available FA's. My roster is as follows with the point amount of each player.

C VMart 45
1B Prince 47
2B Beckham 38
3B Zimmerman 53
SS Furcal 83 (just picked him up)
OF McCutchen 58
OF Markakis 44
OF Dunn 49
UTIL Adrian Gon. 66
UTIL Butler 58
BN Vernon Wells 95 (been starting him actually, only person hitting), Yunel Escobar 44 (tempted to drop)

SP Nolasco, De la rosa, Sanchez, Kuroda, Matusz, Scherzer (been tempted to drop him for hitting)
RP Marmol, Aardsma
Emerald8h
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: This team is really bad, help me out WHIR

Postby astarlist » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:57 am

I'd say you just need to be patient. A lot of your players still haven't gotten started yet this year. Also you may want to try trading your 1b since you are at a position of strength there; Butler, Gonzalez, and Fielder can't all play at the same time. Hence one is expendable! Maybe try to get another OF or something, maybe SS. I don't think Wells will keep this up all season.

Also, I may try to pick up a couple high K/9 relievers as you should try to stack up on K's. You probably won't see very much out of wins but saves are pretty easy to come by IMO. Just a thought. Of your pitching you have some less effectives ones (for example Kuroda does not generate a lot of K's) so you may want to look into that too. All in all, by the end of the year your offense should click so I'd stay patient and don't panic drop anyone!

If you could help me out too please my team is here!
viewtopic.php?t=409006
astarlist
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team