Carlos Zambrano to the bullpen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Carlos Zambrano to the bullpen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Carlos Zambrano to the bullpen

Postby ROC AllStars » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Saw on ESPN today that Z is going to be bumped from the rotation when Lilly is ready to be activated. He will, for now, have the set up role for Marmol.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Zambrano to the bullpen

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:09 pm

ROC AllStars wrote:Saw on ESPN today that Z is going to be bumped from the rotation when Lilly is ready to be activated. He will, for now, have the set up role for Marmol.

More convo on this in the Leftovers. I think its crazy and it won't last too long, sooner rather then later Silva will come back to Earth and Z will be trust back into the starting rotation. I really don't believe this has anything remotely to do with his performance thus far, instead its the gaping void the Cubs call a bullpen and losing Guzman for the year was a big hit, and the millions Grabow is being paid is just going up in smoke. Outside of Marmol and Marshall that pen doesn't have a reliable arm to lean on right now with ERAs ranging from 5+ to 18+ and outside of those 2 the pen is 1-4 with 14BB and very nicely has teed up 5HR in 23.1 combined IP. The pen is just a mess right now and needs A. an arm that could potentially shut a team down from the starter to the closer and b. an arm with some experience.

Looking at that pen you have James Russell who has appeared in 6 career games, Jeff Gray in just 32 games, Justin Berg 16 games, Jeff Samardzija in 50 and then the vets of Grabow, Marshall and Marmol. But 1/2 of the bullpen is either in their first year or first fulltime spot on a major league squad. The pen is really in shambles right now and can use help from where ever they can get it.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Carlos Zambrano to the bullpen

Postby pnoozi » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:38 pm

More troubles for me, as if I didn't have enough already with M. Tejada, A. Hill and four of my starting pitchers injured, Carlos Lee and G. Sizemore not having pulses, and my offense hitting .200 every day. Plus my starting pitchers pitching well, then A. Harang melting down against the Brewers tonight. 0-1, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5 from my batters every damn day. This is the last thing I needed to hear. What the hell do I do? Drop him? Stash him on my bench where I'm already housing A. Hill because there's no more room on my DL? JESUS CHRIST. The Cubs were too stupid to enter the season with a decent bullpen, now I have to pay by losing Zambrano...
pnoozi
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates