Anyone worried at all about Billy Wagner - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone worried at all about Billy Wagner

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone worried at all about Billy Wagner

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:44 am

He;s been hit pretty hard so far this spring. Normally I wouldn't worry but he is coming back from an injury to his finger.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby stumpak » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:00 am

No, I place absolutely no credence in spring training stats--the sample size is far too small vice a complete season to draw any conclusions.

Do not draft/auction based on the "hot" or "cold" guys coming out of spring training--let someone else be the sucker that overpays for some bum because he het a couple of big homers against AA pitching in a split squad game.

That being said, it is possible that Wagner is still feeling injury effects, but keeping an eye on comments from him or the Phillies is a far better barometer than trying to divine signifigance from spring training stats.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyMafia » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:12 pm

i have been targeting wagner myself. i am a little worried that he got off to such a poor start since i do believe there could be a little pressure in Philly after Mesa last year. but he was not throwing the heat on the hr's i saw hit off of him in spring training so i am not concerned. just saw a stat that our of like 205 triple digit pitches last year wagner threw like 165 of them.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrigleyivy » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:55 pm

i would be concerned. i think spring training though meaningless still plays with the minds of some people. i think he will faulter for awhile with teh finger and over thinking hitters. no merit for this just my own opinion.
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. Rogers Hornsby
wrigleyivy
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers