Carlos Santana - CLE - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carlos Santana - CLE

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Carlos Santana - CLE

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:57 am

DaSh 1s wrote:Who has more home runs? Carlos Santana or Joe Mauer?

Yes, and in less than half the ABs too. Yet another reason you will probably never see me draft a C before the 5th rd.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:01 am

I bet those people who used a top 20 pick on Mauer die a little inside every time they check his full season stats. :-b

John Buck has 3 TIMES as many HRs as Mauer :-b :-b
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 20)

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:34 am

AussieDodger wrote:

I bet those people who used a top 20 pick on Mauer die a little inside every time they check his full season stats. :-b

It's a trick comparison! It's suppose to make Carlos look good, rather than display Mauer's disappointments!
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:27 am

AussieDodger wrote:

i dont own Mauer but i'm pretty sure most leagues count other stats beside HR

he's the #1 catcher in my H2H points league (barely above McCann who i got 4 rounds later or Napoli who was probably plucked of waivers)

currently #2 catcher in CBS 5x5 rankings

so yeah the power isnt there but it's not like he's stinking up the joint either
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jswede » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Santana BB:K Watch: 20:14

bonus: Santana goes 450 ft
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thatguy27 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:13 pm

jswede wrote:Santana BB:K Watch: 20:14

This is by far his most impressive stat to date. He is already displaying better plate discipline than probably 90% of the league. That's incredible for a guy in his first go around in the bigs. Even when I see a line of 0-2 with no counting stats, I am impressed as it most likely means he walked at least twice, and I check the box score, and sure enough, that is the case. Pretty sure the only catcher I'd take over him right now would be Mauer and maybe, and that's a big maybe, McCann. VMart would also be in the discussion if not for his injury issues.

I've also been very impressed with Posey, not equally so, mind you, but impressed nonetheless. And he too is a guy who I think already warrants top 5 consideration. I'm just sad that they moved Molina, making Posey the every day catcher. An every day first baseman with catcher eligibility and the talent that Posey has displayed is a fantasy player's dream.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby DaSh 1s » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:26 am

Matthias wrote:
DaSh1s wrote:
Matthias wrote:This IS crazy to believe.

What hitter is more MLB ready now?

Probably Alvarez, Wallace, and Moustakas are ready for the Show and I really think Stanton will be, too.

While we still anxiously await Moustakas and Wallace...
BB:K
04:28 - Pedro Alvarez (BA .212)
06:38 - Mike Stanton (BA .222)
20:14 - Carlos Santana (BA .286)

:-?

Guess it wasn't so crazy to believe after all.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby thatguy27 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:26 pm

thatguy27 wrote:

This is by far his most impressive stat to date. He is already displaying better plate discipline than probably 90% of the league. That's incredible for a guy in his first go around in the bigs. Even when I see a line of 0-2 with no counting stats, I am impressed as it most likely means he walked at least twice, and I check the box score, and sure enough, that is the case. Pretty sure the only catcher I'd take over him right now would be Mauer and maybe, and that's a big maybe, McCann. VMart would also be in the discussion if not for his injury issues.

I've also been very impressed with Posey, not equally so, mind you, but impressed nonetheless. And he too is a guy who I think already warrants top 5 consideration. I'm just sad that they moved Molina, making Posey the every day catcher. An every day first baseman with catcher eligibility and the talent that Posey has displayed is a fantasy player's dream.

Hmm, after Posey's past couple games, I'm starting to think he has in fact been as impressive as Santana. Granted, he doesn't have Santana's insane BB/K ratio, but he does K at a very low rate and has begun to take more walks over the past several games. But the fact is that the kid can flat out hit

Bottom line, it appears we are witnessing the birth of two future super stars at a historically talent deficient position. We've become accustomed to the big 3: Mauer, McCann, and VMart. I think beginning next year it will be the big 5, and maybe even big 6 with the inclusion of M. Montero, and perhaps soon after the big 7 when the other Montero makes the leap to the Bigs.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby wrveres » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:22 am

thatguy27 wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:

Hmm, after Posey's past couple games, I'm starting to think he has in fact been as impressive as Santana. Granted, he doesn't have Santana's insane BB/K ratio, but he does K at a very low rate and has begun to take more walks over the past several games. But the fact is that the kid can flat out hit

Bottom line, it appears we are witnessing the birth of two future super stars at a historically talent deficient position. We've become accustomed to the big 3: Mauer, McCann, and VMart. I think beginning next year it will be the big 5, and maybe even big 6 with the inclusion of M. Montero, and perhaps soon after the big 7 when the other Montero makes the leap to the Bigs.

ssshhhh, let Posey sleep.

As it stands now, Santana will go 5-7 rounds earlier than Posey next season, based upon the hype alone. Mauer²
I'd like to keep it that way.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby cs3 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 pm

wrveres wrote:
As it stands now, Santana will go 5-7 rounds earlier than Posey next season, based upon the hype alone.

not in any leaugues where there are owners from the west coast
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers