Carlos Santana - CLE - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carlos Santana - CLE

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Carlos Santana - CLE

Postby wingman3110 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:22 pm

So whats the deal with this guy? Do you guys think he will actually produce fantasy relevant numbers and help out teams? I'm also wondering when people are adding him to their rosters or if they already have.

From what I've heard he definately is the future of the Tribe behind the dish and is currently tearing up Triple A ball.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1547
(Past Year: 122)
Joined: 8 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Santana - CLE

Postby MasterX1918 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:03 pm

I picked him up in a 12 team league. The guy is tearing apart the minors and Redmond/ Marson simply aren't cutting it. He'll be up mid may.
Image
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 2150
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Santana - CLE

Postby thedude » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:05 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:I picked him up in a 12 team league. The guy is tearing apart the minors and Redmond/ Marson simply aren't cutting it. He'll be up mid may.


Mid-May would probably make him a super-two. Isn't it possible they wait a few more weeks to delay the arbitration clock?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Carlos Santana - CLE

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:23 pm

thedude wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:I picked him up in a 12 team league. The guy is tearing apart the minors and Redmond/ Marson simply aren't cutting it. He'll be up mid may.


Mid-May would probably make him a super-two. Isn't it possible they wait a few more weeks to delay the arbitration clock?



my guess is early june for that reason exactly
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
(Past Year: 57)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Santana - CLE

Postby bluejkrew » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:54 pm

I am also interested on when people are planning to pick him up...assuming he's still available in your league. Would planning to grab him during mid-May be too early or late?
bluejkrew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 573
Joined: 31 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Santana - CLE

Postby thatguy27 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:57 pm

Already picked him up in my league. With each passing day you risk missing out. I don't there is any particular time to target him that is safe - you never know when someone in your league will decide they've waited long enough and pull the trigger. So, my advice, if you want him, get him now.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: Carlos Santana - CLE

Postby thatguy27 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Also, I know its a bit of hijack, but when do folks expect Alvarez to get the call up? Anyone stashing him yet? How about Desmond Jennings?
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: Carlos Santana - CLE

Postby bluejkrew » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:54 am

thatguy27 wrote:Already picked him up in my league. With each passing day you risk missing out. I don't there is any particular time to target him that is safe - you never know when someone in your league will decide they've waited long enough and pull the trigger. So, my advice, if you want him, get him now.


Yeah, as much as I want him though, it's still hard for me to have him take up one of my roster spots for over a month...(I'm also holding Strasburg..)
bluejkrew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 573
Joined: 31 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Santana - CLE

Postby wingman3110 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:01 am

bluejkrew wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:Already picked him up in my league. With each passing day you risk missing out. I don't there is any particular time to target him that is safe - you never know when someone in your league will decide they've waited long enough and pull the trigger. So, my advice, if you want him, get him now.


Yeah, as much as I want him though, it's still hard for me to have him take up one of my roster spots for over a month...(I'm also holding Strasburg..)


Yeah I think it would be tough for you to be holding both Stras and Santana
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1547
(Past Year: 122)
Joined: 8 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Santana - CLE

Postby mrmarley » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:18 am

Was hoping to wait until early May to stash him in my cafe league, but you forced my hand ;-)

I can't think of too many other call ups (bats at least) that could have as big of an impact this season. You have guys like Smoak, Jennings, Pedro Alvarez and Stanton that could be mid to late season call ups, but they play deeper positions. Looking for Santana to really make a difference at C this year.
Image
mrmarley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 717
Joined: 24 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact