Chad Billingsley, You Are Ruining My Life - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chad Billingsley, You Are Ruining My Life

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chad Billingsley, You Are Ruining My Life

Postby rich101682 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:05 pm

I chalked a lot of Chad Billingsley's second half swoon last year up to injuries and maybe some overuse. I really liked him as a bounce-back candidate for 2010. He's just now finishing up a 45 pitch, 6 run second inning to the Reds. It doesn't seem like he has any idea where his pitches are going and he and Russel Martin don't seem to be on the same page at all.

I haven't been able to watch any of his other starts this year, so if anyone out there in Dodgerville can help out, leave a response. How does he look? I thought I heard something about the Dodgers tweaking his pitching mechanics in the offseason. I know it's only been 3 starts so far, but he really looked like he's got no idea out there today.

Any thoughts from Dodger fans?
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chad Billingsley, You Are Ruining My Life

Postby k.k. » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:13 pm

rich, I hear ya. Billingsley is killing me so far this season too. I was hoping for big things in the Reds game, but got big things in a bad way.

I too haven't been able to watch any of his other starts, so I'd appreciate anyone who has weighing in on this for us.

Thanks!
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby j24jags » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:14 pm

I own Bills in a league, I'm actually in the library right now doing some work though. I haven't checked the box score yet, and I'm very scared to now :-o
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Ursa » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Be at peace. For every Billingsley owner, there is a happy opponent. The world is in equilibrium and all is well. :-D
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby mtxdevil » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Don't look - It's that ugly.
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nsulham » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:21 pm

I had a trade offer in for him but thankfully the owner hasn't checked it in two days so I pulled the offer. Something doesn't feel right with him.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:23 pm

What a complete disaster. 7 hits, 7 runs, 5 earned, through 3 IP. He's coming off a pair of disappointing starts in which he couldn't even finish the 6th. And I thought I was gift-wrapped a win this week in my pitching ratios with my opponent starting Lackey and Cook yesterday. NOT A CHANCE.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Oh, only 4 earned. Still 7 allowed. And Ramon Ortiz is pitching now. Thanks a ton, Bills.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:32 pm

This feels like more than just a bad start to the season. His Spring Training stats (1-1, 4.67 ERA, 17 IP, 20 hits, 15 Ks, 10 BB) don't look too good either.

It's hard to know what to do with a player like this. You can't drop him and his trade value couldn't get any lower. I guess I'll just have to sit him on my bench in the league that I have him for his next few starts and hope that he turns it around.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby The Mighty Trow » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:34 pm

one of the problems i have with FBB is keeping tabs on players that I do not own. I had no idea Billingsley was off to such a bad start. He was just dropped in my league by one of the more puzzling managers... here's hoping i can nab him with a #6 waiver.

+1 to what Jake said. He's only 25 and this weak start hasn't done anything to his high potential. I would bench him till he strings together 2 good starts against decent opponents. He still has time to right the ship.
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers