Will my offense work out? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Will my offense work out? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will my offense work out? WHIR

Postby Brizee8 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:52 pm

My team is in second place overall, because my pitching is carrying the squad and is near the top of every category. I lead the league in steals, but outside of that, my offense isn't producing. I'm last in BA, bottom half in HR and R, and exactly middle of the pack in RBI. I know I won't do great in every offensive category, but I expected to be near the top in HR by now. It's a 12 team league, 5x5 roto.

Here's my squad:
C: Mike Napoli
1B: Kendry Morales
2B: Ben Zobrist
3B: Chone Figgins
SS: Alcides Escobar
MI: Martin Prado
CI: Adam Dunn
OF: Justin Upton
OF: Adam Lind
OF: Jay Bruce
OF: Magglio Ordonez
OF: Scott Podsednik (recent add)
UTIL: Jose Guillen (recent add)
BE: Julio Borbon
BE: Everth Cabrera

P: Felix Hernandez
P: Ubaldo Jimenez
P: Yovani Gallardo
P: Brett Anderson
P: David Price
P: Francisco Liriano
P: Jonathan Papelbon
P: Carlos Marmol
P: Neftali Feliz
BE: Ryan Madson
DL: Brad Lidge

Bruce, Dunn and Napoli have given me virtually nothing (though Bruce homered twice today). I thought combining Upton, Lind, Dunn, Bruce, Napoli and Morales would give me a great chance of winning HR and RBI. I just added Guillen and Podsednik (after dropping Stubbs and Duchscherer) to boost my offense. Should I be worried about long term production from this offense or should I wait it out with an expectation of these guys getting hot and helping me climb the offensive ranks?
Brizee8
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Will my offense work out? WHIR

Postby Howie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:30 pm

You do have a few power guys who will heat up (Napoli, Dunn, etc), but you also have alot of guys on your team that wont get any homers (Escobar, Figgins, Borbon, etc). I'm personally not a huge fan of having too many "steals" guys in a h2h league, I'd try to ship one or two of those guys off for some more balanced players. Maybe a Mike Young or Chipper at 3B, and maybe a Alex Rios-type in the OF.
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Dave8603 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:11 am

I would wait. It's only a couple of weeks in. I have the same situation (I have Dunn, Carlos Lee, Manny). Give your team some time to work itself out. If you feel like you need a boost though, maybe try to trade Podsednik in a week or so if he keeps it up. I think he's a good sell-high guy.

Please help with mine:
viewtopic.php?t=408444
Dave8603
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby 3rice » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:47 am

first of all, whats on your WW?

second I agree with both of these guys, you have alot of speed / runs but no power. However Dunn/Bruce need to be waited on, they will eventually produce.

I would try selling high on Liriano, he's been gettin alot of pub lately but dont forget he's a huge injury risk. Mags might be another....

Prado does nothing for you ,look at his 09 other than runs, he is at best a great fill in for avg.

Josh Willingham / Adam Laroche / or maybe trade for Billy Butler

good luck - r

help with mine....viewtopic.php?t=408460
3rice
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Brizee8 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:13 pm

Here's the WW. Not much there.

Cody Ross
Lastings Milledge
Scott Sizemore
Ivan Rodriguez
Cameron Maybin
Austin Jackson
Brandon Inge
Daric Barton
Troy Glaus
Matt Laporta
Alberto Callaspo
Carlos Guillen

Anything? Looks like scraps.
Brizee8
College Coach
College Coach

Postby I Stumped the Schwab » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:29 pm

personally i think Maybin would be a great pickup, i'd drop Borbon for him, he's been a mega bust. One option id consider exploring is trading Jimenez while his value is high, getting a good starter and a power threat in return for him
I Stumped the Schwab
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 39)

Postby Doc19 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Thanks for your help with mine...

I agree with the consensus of the above posters that you are heavy in speed / runs but light in HR / RBI even when Dunn and Bruce wakeup. Given your WW, which doesnt have many gems unless Glaus finds his stroke of several years ago, I would try to trade one of your speed guys, maybe package with a pitcher, to a team that is weak in steals or SP cats in return for a power bat. Perhaps you could try to identify some big power guys that are off to really slow starts (ie Tex, Fielder, Carlos Lee) and try to snag one in a trade.

Good Luck!
Doc19
College Coach
College Coach

Postby karl0528 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Not to sound like a broken record but you need some runs, rbi, and homers. You have a plethora of steals and honestly being a white sox fan i would sell high on Podsednik (his groin is always an issue) so while he's hot now I would be shocked if that is still the case come June. See if you could trade some base stealers for some run producers to compliment Napoli and Dunn. I really like Austin Jackson though, yeah he's a rookie but he has great potential batting in that line up and is leading rookies in rbis (althoght strike outs could be an issue) Please look at mine and leave me a comment, viewtopic.php?t=408691
karl0528
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team