Best possible 10X10 scoring categories? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Best possible 10X10 scoring categories?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nyrone27 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Pitching stats: Innings Pitched (IP), Wins (W), Losses (L), Saves (SV), Earned Runs (ER), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), On-base Percentage Against (OBPA), Quality Starts (QS)

Batting stats: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Strikeouts (K), Total Bases (TB), Fielding Percentage (FPCT), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP)

Join the league here(password-MVP): http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... mvpsplease
nyrone27
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best possible 10X10 scoring categories?

Postby bigmck » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:12 pm

10 X 10 makes no sense. There are too many catagories that are redundant. Stick to the basic 5 X 5 for the best game.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby nyrone27 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:42 am

I couldn't disagree more. 5x5 covers only the most overrated stats.
If your player gets a triple in my league you get more then just 1 batting avg point. You get 3 points in total bases, pts in avg and on base%.

No more overloading your pitching lineup to win. In my league Quality is greater than Quantity. You can have 100 innings pitched but if you give up multiple runs/hits and walks, you hurt your team more than you gained from throwing as many pitchers as you can at the problem.

In 5x5 you sit there waiting for a homerun. In my 10x10 you watch every at bat because every at bat matters.
nyrone27
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby nyrone27 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:31 am

And talk about redundancy, if your player gets a home run in a 5v5 you get 1 run, 1 hr, 1 rbi, and + pts in Batting AVG. That's redundancy.

I'm sorry but there's more to baseball then Homeruns, and 5x5 does not accurately represent the sport as thoroughly as it should.
nyrone27
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby nyrone27 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:14 pm

If the link I provided doesn't work for you, try:
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
League ID#: 729155
Password: MVP

We still need 5 owners
nyrone27
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Kimbos Beard » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:24 am

bigmck wrote:10 X 10 makes no sense. There are too many catagories that are redundant. Stick to the basic 5 X 5 for the best game.

Gotta agree with bigmck. 10x10 complicates things way too much for my tastes. Have played all types of formats and I always seem to enjoy 5x5 the most still.

I know this doesn't help your question....sorry.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby eneric » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:52 pm

nyrone27 wrote:I couldn't disagree more. 5x5 covers only the most overrated stats.
If your player gets a triple in my league you get more then just 1 batting avg point. You get 3 points in total bases, pts in avg and on base%.

No more overloading your pitching lineup to win. In my league Quality is greater than Quantity. You can have 100 innings pitched but if you give up multiple runs/hits and walks, you hurt your team more than you gained from throwing as many pitchers as you can at the problem.

In 5x5 you sit there waiting for a homerun. In my 10x10 you watch every at bat because every at bat matters.

Every bat most certainly matters in 5x5 too. Batting average and the possible run, rbi or stolen bag come into play for any player who steps up to the plate.
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 32)

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:09 pm

i will go up to 7X7 to get in holds and L in pitching(which i like a lot)..but thats it

and my reasoning is when you get much more than 5X5 it gets harder to really judge a player's worth. trying to evaluate everybody based on 10 cats is rough. seems like you will be drafting a crapshoot and just hoping you win.

i would assume most people would just use standard 5x5 rankings...and hope it works out. i dont see anybody ranking players for all 10 cats...which makes it pointless then to have that many

adding cats to 5x5 shoudl be done to incorporate more types of players(holders) or place more value on certain brand of players(OPS and OBP type guys)...not just willy nilly like it seems has been done here

just seems too much like a guessing game to me
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner