Long time FBB owner in my 1st points league w/newb question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Long time FBB owner in my 1st points league w/newb question

Long time FBB owner in my 1st points league w/newb question

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:35 am

So far so good in this league as I am in first place... but, then I noticed a chart under my roster on Yahoo which lists Maximum Games by starting position and Maximum IP. It shows that so far I am at 0 games at 1B; -1 games at C, 2B and 3B; +1 at SS and UT; and a +4 games at OF. It also says that I am at +48 on IPs.

Where do i want to be with regard to these numbers, and how do I get to that place? Do I need to leave starting positions vacant entirely for awhile and leave my SP and RP positions empty too until I get those positions back to 0(zero)?

Does leaving an injured player(not on DL) in a starting position, even if he doesn't play in a game, cost you a Game Played... or does he have to actually play in the game?

What are the strategies for playing in a points league which has Max Games/IP Played?
FantasySportsMaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Long time FBB owner in my 1st points league w/newb question

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:56 am

I wouldn't worry too much about the positions being at +/- 1-3. It's early in the season still and those number will fluctuate. Just make sure your not falling to far behind. To keep your innings pitched closer to 0 begin to watch individual matchups. Sit your weaker pitchers against tough lineups like NYY or PHIL. Leave you RP in all the time. There is no way to tell in advance if they will get into a game anyway. Plus they'll only pitch 0.1-2 innings. Also, being that far ahead of estimates in your IP this early in the season leads me to think that your roster might be a little pitcher heavy. Maybe trade one or two for an upgrade on the offensive side of the ball.

Leaving an injured player in a slot does not count as a game played. This is bad practice though since you're missing out on any scoring for that position.

Strategies for max games/IP? Don't run out of games or innings with time left in the season. If you do your pitchers won't accumulate any points and the rest of the league will catch up and or surpass your numbers.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Long time FBB owner in my 1st points league w/newb question

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:34 am

In general, you want to be slightly ahead of the games count at most hitting positions, or at least at even. For pitchers, you probably still want to be at even or slightly above the IP limit, but pay attention to the matchups - you can slight some guys early if they've got a tough schedule. Don't worry too much if you fall behind at one position or another since you easily can make up ground at one or maybe two positions late in the season if you need to - you just can't afford to fall behind in too many positions.
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Beginner's Forum