C. Rasmus - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

C. Rasmus

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: C. Rasmus

Postby dannahann » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:58 am

I agree with this. That is a real risk and he'd have to recognize this and learn to serve these pitches to the opposite field to hit for a real high average. He does seem to be seeing the ball better this year, taking more walks and seeing more pitches and this is a real good sign. Rasmus seems to trust his ability a little more now, not feeling the need to over commit and start his swing too soon. Hopefully this should help him recognize pitches and location better and lessen the time it takes for him to learn to adjust to fastballs up in the zone. I also think it's likely Rasmus gets into the 2nd slot against right handed starters at some point and if so he'll see fewer pitches at the edges of the zone with albert and Matt looming. To me the real chess piece is McGwire. How effective will he be as a hitting coach? No doubt he'll recognize the league busting Rasmus hard and up but can he successfully convey a remedy to a left handed hitter with a stroke so different than his own? I think REAL NASTY leftys will always give him trouble but doesn't that apply to more than 90% of the left handed hitters in the game?
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby k.k. » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:09 am

Cards07Champs wrote:I targeted Rasmus as a 3rd OFer because I really do believe in him and knew he was undervalued.

Me too. Serious. As a 3rd outfielder. I just know he's going to have a great year. Sure, sure, there will be some ups and downs when NL pitching figures him out as suggested, but I think he's really going to be a force this season.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Cards07Champs » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:33 am

dannahann wrote:I agree with this. That is a real risk and he'd have to recognize this and learn to serve these pitches to the opposite field to hit for a real high average. He does seem to be seeing the ball better this year, taking more walks and seeing more pitches and this is a real good sign. Rasmus seems to trust his ability a little more now, not feeling the need to over commit and start his swing too soon. Hopefully this should help him recognize pitches and location better and lessen the time it takes for him to learn to adjust to fastballs up in the zone. I also think it's likely Rasmus gets into the 2nd slot against right handed starters at some point and if so he'll see fewer pitches at the edges of the zone with albert and Matt looming. To me the real chess piece is McGwire. How effective will he be as a hitting coach? No doubt he'll recognize the league busting Rasmus hard and up but can he successfully convey a remedy to a left handed hitter with a stroke so different than his own? I think REAL NASTY leftys will always give him trouble but doesn't that apply to more than 90% of the left handed hitters in the game?

Absolutely no chance of this happening.

LaRussa loves Ludwick in the 2 hole. Further, Rasmus seems to love the responsibility of the 5 hole. Finally, Rasmus can use his speed in the 5 hole where he couldn't at 2.

I see no way that Rasmus goes back to the 2 hole unless he starts to struggle and LaRussa thinks he needs Albert there to protect him. Otherwise, Ludwick will continue to feast on those fastballs and Rasmus will continue to clean up the bases.
Cards07Champs
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:52 am

I think Ludwick will continue to hit 2nd unless he gets hurt. He's got a .500 OBP hitting 2nd so far.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:17 am

Why does someone as hot as Rasmus continue to sit agaisnt lefties for guys like .056 BA Allen Craig?
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:Why does someone as hot as Rasmus continue to sit agaisnt lefties for guys like .056 BA Allen Craig?

Why does Jim Leyland walk Ryan Garko (.000 BA) intentionally with Nelson Cruz sitting on the bench?
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:36 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:Why does someone as hot as Rasmus continue to sit agaisnt lefties for guys like .056 BA Allen Craig?

Why does Jim Leyland walk Ryan Garko (.000 BA) intentionally with Nelson Cruz sitting on the bench?

FTW.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Curtis Pride » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:18 pm

Boom.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby k.k. » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm lovin' me some Rasmus right now. Another nice game for him.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Oriole Way » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:33 pm

This guy could be such a stud if he could just learn to be mediocre against LHP (.240-.250) instead of absolutely terrible.

As I'm sure others have mentioned, Rasmus won't learn to hit lefties if he doesn't get a chance to play against them. I hate LaRussa with a burning passion.
Oriole Way
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers