C. Rasmus - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

C. Rasmus

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: C. Rasmus

Postby HipHipJorge » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:07 pm

by Curtis Pride on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Through 4 ab tonight (likely his only of the game)

.167 BABIP
.313 IsoP (that's MASSIVE)

Yes, the 35% K rate is scary, as is his atrocious atrociousness vs. lefties, but to give an idea of how small the sample size is so far, if he had 3 lucky balls fall in for bloop singles so far this year, instead of having a .167 BABIP, he'd have a .333 BABIP, and instead of hitting .167 with an .866 OPS, he'd have a .281/.439/.594 line.

Even if he only had 2 extra balls fall in for singles, he'd have a .278 BABIP and a .977 OPS.

His upside is huge. Don't give up.

Good stats ;-D I am going to stick with him a little while longer. It is just tough in H 2 H weekly because of the platoon/sitting v. lefties.

But, this is a great help
HipHipJorge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dannahann » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:16 am

Facing a righty last night, Rasmus was back in the 5th slot and hit the ball well, including a linedrive 3 run HR to RF. ;-D
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby k.k. » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:04 pm

HipHipJorge wrote:

.167 BABIP

Yes, the 35% K rate is scary, as is his atrocious atrociousness vs. lefties, but to give an idea of how small the sample size is so far, if he had 3 lucky balls fall in for bloop singles so far this year, instead of having a .167 BABIP, he'd have a .333 BABIP, and instead of hitting .167 with an .866 OPS, he'd have a .281/.439/.594 line.

Even if he only had 2 extra balls fall in for singles, he'd have a .278 BABIP and a .977 OPS.

Good stats ;-D I am going to stick with him a little while longer. It is just tough in H 2 H weekly because of the platoon/sitting v. lefties.

Except that Rasmus is not in a platoon situation. He's played almost every game. Everyone gets the odd game off once a week or so, but for the most part Rasmus is the everyday CF.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby HipHipJorge » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:22 pm

by k.k. on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:04 pm

HipHipJorge wrote:

.167 BABIP

Good stats I am going to stick with him a little while longer. It is just tough in H 2 H weekly because of the platoon/sitting v. lefties.

Except that Rasmus is not in a platoon situation. He's played almost every game. Everyone gets the odd game off once a week or so, but for the most part Rasmus is the everyday CF.

Thanks for the info. However, I consider batting before the pitcher as opposed to fifth a very bad situation similar to a platoon; and he has sat out at least 3 times against lefties. Thanks though.
HipHipJorge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Curtis Pride » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:51 pm

wanna check out what Ryan Howard's numbers were vs. lefties last year? Or Jason Kubel?

Or Jim Thome's career? Or Grady Sizemore?

Rasmus doesn't have to be great vs. lefties to put up a monster season. Hell, all you have to do is just sit him vs. lefties and find someone else to play in that spot.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby HipHipJorge » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:46 pm

I would love to Curtis. But, it is weekly league. My leaguemates are soft that way.
HipHipJorge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby k.k. » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Rasmus is back, big time. I pity the managers that dumped him after a short slump.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby thejusman1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:54 am

I swooped him up in one league. Activating him from my bench in another league I had him reserved. Fairly excited to see what he can do.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby dannahann » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:35 am

Yes indeed! Just incase your league is still asleep and Rasmus wasn't claimed immediatly, here is how he fared since the slump week versus all those lefties:
4 games vs RHP- started all 4 in the 5th slot; 7 for 16 (0.438); 5 of the 7 hits were XB hits - 3HR, a 2B, and a 3B; at least one hit in each game; 5Runs and 7RBI; 1SB in 2 attempts.
There likely won't be another week all year that they only face two right handed starters and as I said earlier at least he was in the lineup this year versus most of those leftys, unlike 2009. Had that slump week occured in July versus mid April it would've barely been noticed and surely wouldn't have kicked off the mass panic last week did.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Cards07Champs » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:06 am

dannahann wrote:Yes indeed! Just incase your league is still asleep and Rasmus wasn't claimed immediatly, here is how he fared since the slump week versus all those lefties:
4 games vs RHP- started all 4 in the 5th slot; 7 for 16 (0.438); 5 of the 7 hits were XB hits - 3HR, a 2B, and a 3B; at least one hit in each game; 5Runs and 7RBI; 1SB in 2 attempts.
There likely won't be another week all year that they only face two right handed starters and as I said earlier at least he was in the lineup this year versus most of those leftys, unlike 2009. Had that slump week occured in July versus mid April it would've barely been noticed and surely wouldn't have kicked off the mass panic last week did.

I love Rasmus, but there's one final chess piece in play here.

Rasmus has a kill zone low and in. If you put a pitch down there, you'd better just have your OFers start retreating as it leaves your hands because he's able to kick his hips open, drop the bat head and pound the piss out of that ball.

NL pitchers will start working him up in the zone. He'll have a final adjustment to make at that point and we'll have to see how he takes to it. The same swing that allows him to get to those low pitches (the way he wips the bat through the zone) will make him susceptible to high hard stuff. He'll need to learn to spit on those because he's not going to be able to get to them.

I made a risky move this season because I thought the fantasy mags had finally pushed this "get your pitchers late" stuff too far so I went after elite SP about 2 or 3 rounds sooner than all the mags and talking heads suggested in order to beat the mid-round rush and single-handidly burn out a run on starting pitching. I targeted Rasmus as a 3rd OFer because I really do believe in him and knew he was undervalued.

At the same time, we'll see some pretty serious BA slumps as the league starts to figure out how to pitch him.
Cards07Champs
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers